Thread: t43 6l80e tcc question

Potential Tuner

t43 6l80e tcc question

when driving my truck with converter locked at a constant speed/rpm anytime i get into the throttle it slips a bit but then tcc pressure comes up and it locks up again. i have done research on this forum about this and most people have a table labeled as tcc regulator gain (if i remember correctly thats what it is labeled) but mine doesnt, my file only has tcc apply ramp and max pressure, i have tried adding a lot of pressure to the apply ramp but no change to that tip in slip.any help or atleast point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. thank you!!

flex fuel timing.hpt

Potential Tuner
    while taking time to actually look over everything would my solution be in the "tcc adapt cell preloads"? i am very new to tuning so any help is awesome, i read the description for that table and it seems that would be close to what i am looking for. Since its a preload it should be a starting point for the tcc correct?

Advanced Tuner
    TCC apply/release.

pattern A apply/ release tables.

data log the tPS and road speed you want it to lock and unlock at and edit the table

Potential Tuner
    I repair and build full time. This has been an issue with 6l80\90 and now the 8speed. in my opinion lock up is coming in too early and AFM just makes things worse for light throttle lock up, I see it coming in at around 11mph 2nd gear 18psi or so. I diable 1st 2nd gear lock up. then 3rd allow it at 35mph. 4th 35mph. 5th40mph. then have lock up release just under apply mph. then go under apply ramp psi and X2.0 that helps out significantly. I see low TPS and no less then 30psi apply. I have only scratched the surface there is more you can do. like if it slips any more then 60rpm it will apply more psi. I have battled many tcc shudder issues. and band aided them with this if you see or start to get shudder id replace converter with billet cover converter, a rebuilt is turned down and there for more clearance no Bueno.