Thread: New Tuner Owner Problems

Potential Tuner

Unhappy New Tuner Owner Problems

I bought a new tuner yesterday and am having some learning pains...
    My car is a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi and automatic transmission.

I downloaded the program currently in the PCM and TCM. I made a few tweeks to the parameters I understand. Speed limiter, some of the shift points, and rev limit change to 1st gear using auto stick. There begins my problems...

1) I can't find a place to put in a rev limit. My car keeps hitting mine. I am trying to get it to shift before that happens. It is hitting the one in the transmission section @ 6,400rpm. I am trying for a shift point of about 5,800 with the delay in shifting happening well before 6,400.

2) When I try to write to the vehicle it goes thru the whole process of writing to the PCM and TCM and says it is complete. Then tells me to cycle the ignition which I do. Nothing happens! I have tried both cycling it numerous times and for a longer duration. Nothing happens past that point....

Potential Tuner
    What do you mean nothing happens? Nothing seems to happen in the calibration change or the car will not start? You may want to post your tune up too so we can take a look at it.

Potential Tuner
    Where do I find posted tunes to compare with mine. I am completely new to this and COMPLETELY lost!!!

Tuner
    Look at the Tune Repository, you need to create account for that:
    https://www.hptuners.com/
    Then from your account look there and search under Tune Repository