Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please! Can Not Solve, 4-cylinder misfire fault

Potential Tuner

Help Please! Can Not Solve, 4-cylinder misfire fault

Hello everyone.
    Thank you in advance for helpers. I need a different perspective and comment

My Problem(Now)
    Always blinking engine light -All time fault 4-cylinder misfire
    Sometimes feel misfire (I don?t know what but Like some cylinder ignition off or some cylinder fuel cut)
    Usually, I feel is normal with blinking engine light.
    A short video for this problem.
    https://youtu.be/Y0CLHHAc2u0

Torque Log Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn1Y1qbs3EE

I have hptuners logs if necessary I can send.

Fault Codes

What did we try?
    -Oem Tune File installed
    -Different ignition coil tried
    -Different spark plug tried
    -Fuel tank pump pressure test
    -Different HPFP Tried
    -Comp Test (All cylinder is the same value)
    -Harness Test
    -Tired without MAF sensor, İntake manifold valve, o2 sensor
    etc.?
    -Crankshaft sensor changed

Fault process from the past
    I saw seldom it blinking 1-time engine light. Then I check fault code ?random multiple misfires? 4-cylinder misfire?. I Not feel anything and not have a problem
    For solve change ignition coil and spark plug. But it continues. 2 years lasted. We did not find anything. I continued to drive because it did not cause any problems

Soon
    I have a downpipe and exhaust, for this, we made an ECU tune 2 weeks before, the day has not any problem. When I start the engine on the day after, Following the cold start my engine light blinking (4-cylinder misfire) But not feel anything (vibration or run problem). On that day I see sometimes stop blinking light then start blinking.

Please write your comments and advice.
    Last edited by serkanur; 10-26-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    What is Make, Model, Year, Engine size? Assume P0300 DTC?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DGS View Post
    What is Make, Model, Year, Engine size? Assume P0300 DTC?
    Ohh sorry.
    Opel GT Roadster(Same Saturn Sky Redline) 2.0 Turbo LNF Engine

P0300
    P0301
    P0302
    P0303
    P0304

Advanced Tuner
    Verify engine grounds are clean and tight. You haven't given year. Possibly ground at left front of cylinder head. Check ground resistance. Are you using quality fuel? Water in fuel? Possible intake valve deposits and/or carbon build-up. Have you performed an induction cleaning?
    Last edited by DGS; 09-29-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Verify engine grounds are clean and tight. You haven't given year. Possibly ground at left front of cylinder head. Check ground resistance. Are you using quality fuel? Water in fuel? Possible intake valve deposits and/or carbon build-up. Have you performed an induction cleaning?
    Hi DGS Thank You for your reply.
    Model Year is 2009 And Car is around 28.000 mil

"Possibly ground at the left front of cylinder head. Check ground resistance"
    -Masters checked a lot of things but not found anything. can you add a tagged picture of what you're talking about?

-I used 3,5 years, This time tried various fuels

-We removed the intake manifold and cleaned with a brushed ( I did not found walnut blast machine) And Cleaned injectors. Then installed back 3-4 mil not blinking engine light. Then I went to carbon clean center and done carbon clean. After the carbon clean my misfire problem came again. Next day Engine rev holds 5000rpm 2-3 min after misfire count is very less and not blinking light. About 200 km does not blink a light. Either carbon or big coincidence. I've tried most things and there's nothing else left

if you have an idea please write here

Advanced Tuner
    It is also possible that the carbon made it up into the valve guides causing the valves to stick - I have to take the head of a 3.6 impala because of the same issue

You know this is common with some GM pickup trucks that need a Crank Relearn procedure

Flashing engine light but no felt misfire.

You probably need a new crank sensor.
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 10-25-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I've also seen loose valve seat cause this on Saab's. Miss gone at higher rpm. Miss at idle. Low compression at idle, higher at higher rpms. Ring issue.

Advanced Tuner
    What is exact year? VIN would be great.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you remove spark plugs and pour several oz. cleaner into each cylinder? Let set hour or so. Start with warm engine. Blow out with compressed air. You don't want any liquid in cylinders. Install plugs. Run and clear out. Change oil/filter.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    It is also possible that the carbon made it up into the valve guides causing the valves to stick - I have to take the head of a 3.6 impala because of the same issue
    If that's the case.Is there no way to clean it , without removing it?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBoostBuick View Post
    You know this is common with some GM pickup trucks that need a Crank Relearn procedure

Flashing engine light but no felt misfire.

You probably need a new crank sensor.
    I changed crankshaft sensor.Did not solve.And I have only 4 clyndir misfire fault

I've also seen loose valve seat cause this on Saab's. Miss gone at higher rpm. Miss at idle. Low compression at idle, higher at higher rpms. Ring issue.
    I want to look into the engine at the end.

What is exact year? VIN would be great.
    You want my VIN number ?I will sent PM

Did you remove spark plugs and pour several oz. cleaner into each cylinder? Let set hour or so. Start with warm engine. Blow out with compressed air. You don't want any liquid in cylinders. Install plugs. Run and clear out. Change oil/filter.
    Which oz did you say please give example to me?

Potential Tuner
    I'm following the situation with torque
    I saw A lot of current misfires. And sometimes felt stop of some cylinder
    When I check the torque 1 cylinder injectors pulse With "0" .Sometimes 1no cylinder Sometimes 3no cylinder Sometimes others but only 1 cylinder.

What do you think that means?

Gauges Names
    IPW C1- IPW C2- IPW C3- IPW C4

Advanced Tuner
    If guides you could run a quart dex 6 trans fluid in engine oil to clean before tearing down/ removing head with above de-carb procedure . Use Gm 19355198. New formula. Top engine cleaner. I sent you harness diagram for G104 on head. Ground 104.

Advanced Tuner
    Injector pulse width c1,c2, c3,c4 for cylinders 1,2,3,4

Advanced Tuner
    If you replaced crank sensor in the past and the misfires started after that, did you ever re-learn the sensor?

Advanced Tuner
    I would think miss would cut injector pulse width to prevent cylinder oil wash down from raw fuel. Prevents cylinder scoring/ring wear. You could scope cylinder wall thru plug hole and determine if cylinder wall is blue from heat. A few things to try/ consider prior to ant tear-down.

Advanced Tuner
    Need your email to send you information.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you try a crank relearn yet ... forgot I had a Express van that came in with misfires and a relearn fixed that ... but to clean the valve guides no not in my experience I've tried upper induction cleaning with this new mister GM has and it works well muxh better than the vac line method but if its because the valve is sticking inside the valve guide you cant get to that while still together - usually requires a valve job

Potential Tuner
    If guides you could run a quart dex 6 trans fluid in engine oil to clean before tearing down/ removing head with above de-carb procedure . Use Gm 19355198. New formula. Top engine cleaner. I sent you harness diagram for G104 on head. Ground 104.
    I have Carbon clean with machine connect fuel line
    And Now I trying this product,This is german brand.Not fuel finish yet.No change for now

If you replaced crank sensor in the past and the misfires started after that, did you ever re-learn the sensor?
    I changed for this problem.But Now solved.

I would think miss would cut injector pulse width to prevent cylinder oil wash down from raw fuel. Prevents cylinder scoring/ring wear. You could scope cylinder wall thru plug hole and determine if cylinder wall is blue from heat. A few things to try/ consider prior to ant tear-down.
    You mean lok at the engine inside with endescope camera ?

Need your email to send you information.
    I sent via PM

Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    Did you try a crank relearn yet ... forgot I had a Express van that came in with misfires and a relearn fixed that ... but to clean the valve guides no not in my experience I've tried upper induction cleaning with this new mister GM has and it works well muxh better than the vac line method but if its because the valve is sticking inside the valve guide you cant get to that while still together - usually requires a valve job
    What does it mean crank relearn.How can I do it ?

Advanced Tuner
    Hptuners has a crank relearn function in the scanner you can give that a try and see if it clears it up ... if the crank shaft variation calibration is not properly learned it can give false misfire counts