Thread: New to HpTuners

Potential Tuner

New to HpTuners

So I am new to the whole hptuners stuff just ran into my first error on a 2015 Camaro SS when i plug into the OBD port and usb into the laptop then open the editor. I then click on read vehicle and a box pops up asking for a vin number not sure why but if i type in the vin i still can not read the ecu. Car had no issues before as far as running just changed the camshaft and put in some new lifters. Not sure what the problem could be any help would be appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Found problem. Dang rookie mistake.

Tuner in Training
    Welcome to the forum. I am also new to HP Tuners and one thing I have learned from this forum is that "rookie" mistakes are made by almost everyone at one time or another. Tuning is very complicated when you dive into the depths of options related to tuning on different OS's. I can see that it will take time and experience to master this computer tuning platform,if that is even possible. Take your time to learn the basics first and then educate yourself on all the different parameters used to customize your tune for your vehicle. Good luck