Thread: 2012 Mustang 5.0 readiness monitors not supported

Potential Tuner

2012 Mustang 5.0 readiness monitors not supported

A friend of mine bought a used 2012 mustang a couple years back that had rear o2 sensors and catalytic converters removed. Well it is emissions time for him and he failed because catalytic converters and oxygen sensors show not supported. I read his vehicle and found that under engine diagnostics/exhaust that cat test and oxygen sensor test disabled. I enabled and set rear oxygen sensor and cat dtcs p0420 and p0430 to no error reported. Now readiness monitors show test not completed. On my LS swap truck on did the same thing and those 2 monitors go right to complete. Is this not possible on this vehicle. Sorry if this has been addressed before I did not find anything while combing the forums and google. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

the only way mine would work on my trans am was to load a tune where I check all the code boxes to on, and every code to do not report.
    2000 ls1 Trans am - hp
    1991 5.0 mustang - tweecer

Advanced Tuner
    There is a long thread on monitors already, use the search function

Potential Tuner
    I have been reading your posts out of this thread https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=monitors. Is this the thread you are referring to?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bvermett View Post
    I have been reading your posts out of this thread https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=monitors. Is this the thread you are referring to?
    Thats the one, you still need to do the drive cycles for the monitors to go complete. This include the anoying AF 4 miles t 40mph with practically zero change in TPS, fuel trims, lambda while not using cruise control

Quote Originally Posted by bvermett View Post
    ...set rear oxygen sensor and cat dtcs p0420 and p0430 to no error reported...
    This won't work. If the codes are disabled, the tests won't pass.