Thread: Pontiac Firebird 1998 VATS disable

Tuner in Training

Pontiac Firebird 1998 VATS disable

Hi, I need to disable VATS for my Firebird 98 V6. I did set the DCTs P1626, P1629, P1630, and P1631 to option 3, but still the car don?t start. What else is needed. Is there a procedure like discone t the battey? Any help is apreciated. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Hi, I need to disable VATS for my Firebird 98 V6. I did set the DCTs P1626, P1629, P1630, and P1631 to option 3, but still the car don?t start. What else is needed. Is there a procedure like discone t the battey? Any help is apreciated. Thanks.
    Make sure you "write complete" rather than just calibration

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ivmotorsports View Post
    Make sure you "write complete" rather than just calibration
    not true, on these ecm's write cal only is fine for vats changes. Its only gen 4 that need write entire for the vats "patches".
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you both. I will try the write complete (I don't have other option). Please let me know if any new thoughts come to you,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    FBD98_VATS.hptThank you Bill. I have read the link days ago. Today I try "writing entire" with no success. I attach the latest HPT file loaded in the system. Please, take a look and let me know your comments. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    FBD98_VATS.hptThank you Bill. I have read the link days ago. Today I try "writing entire" with no success. I attach the latest HPT file loaded in the system. Please, take a look and let me know your comments. Thanks.
    Make sure to go to 'system->general->security->vats control' and change it to PWM instead of serial, that was my issue on my Camaro.. if your still having issues I can send you over my tune with just a vats delete on a 98 Camaro.