Thread: Help with E38 no start, no injector pulse

Help with E38 no start, no injector pulse

Hi all, This is my first post though I've been lurking around for some time. First time I've had trouble like this, hope someone can help. I've done the Vats disable, truck starts but dies. Will run on spray, appears the injectors are shutting down. I've read all threads related to this but still cant seem to get her running. Bought the truck as a theft recovery, no keys and we have a buyer that's looking for a mild tune so I thought hey I'll just unlock it like i've done so many times before and Bob's your uncle we can tune away. Much to my surprise unlocking it doesn't seem to be as easy as the pre 05 stuff. I did do write entire, got rid of starter diag and all the corresponding codes. Still no go, hopefully someone here can walk me through what I did wrong.

Thanks Rick.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Log a fuel cut type pid. If it isay immob, then vats is not disabled. I would start there.

Hey cfry, yeah its saying vats is still enabled. Has the service theft message and the flashing lock. I definitely did a write entire (multiple times) removed any theft codes, as well as starter clutch diag. still no injector pulse. I just flashed an 08 duramax and it went off without a problem. Pulling my hair out on this one.

Tuner
    Even when/if you tune out the theft in the ecm your still going to be stuck with the service theft message along with the flashing lock..

Would the guy even be happy buying it like that?? Do you have a gm MDI?

Do not have an MDI, figured i'd at least like to get it running first, road test it to make sure all systems are good before I let the fellow put a down on it. He likes the truck but its not set in stone yet. I probably should have saved the credits and had the new key programmed to the truck at the dealer as my tech 2 will not unlock this one need the new tech 2 for these trucks. This is the first one i've ever had trouble doing. Done quite a few LS swaps into rods and haven't run across this problem before. I'd still like to figure it out as I'm likely to run into this again in a rod swap.

Advanced Tuner
    your VE tables are filled with 0.

populate the 3 VE tables with the same data and it'll command a pulse width from the injectors

its a custom OS on the PCM giving actual VE tables instead of a virtual VE table. the come blank on the OS application.

see attached file to copy VE table values from only, in the hope its close enough to start and run so you can tune.stock 2bar.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Anything come of this ?