Thread: Diablo unlocked ecm

Potential Tuner

Diablo unlocked ecm

I have a 17 Dodge Durango and have a line on a 17 ecm that's unlocked by Dialbo. Will it work on mine without having to send it in etc...?

Potential Tuner
    Good question. I'm in the same situation with a 2018 charger. The customer had the ecm unlocked by diablo and bought their tuning cable for the 2018+ cars.

Anybody know?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    18+ diablo unlocked definitely not compatible.

17 & down diablo unlocked no promises it'll work.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Can a 2018 Hellcat ECM that was "Diablo unlocked" be sent in to be re-unlocked so it can be used with HP Tuners?

I have a 2017 Jeep gc Srt. I got diablo first with there unlock pcm. Had no issue with tuning with hp. Only thing I did was download my oem tune back into the pcm then pull the tune from using hp. I also pulled the tune file I had done for the diablo repeating the same process

I didn’t have to send it in to get unlocked again

Tuner in Training
    The car (2018 Hellcat) was brought to me with an new PCM "Diablo Unlocked" from HHP. I installed it in the car and it runs. I then tried to read the PCM with HP and it failed (many times, didn't just try it once) . I called HHP and they said I cant read it with HP because they "Diablo Unlocked" it.

So my question is: Can the 2018 Hellcat "Diablo Unlocked" PCM be "converted" to work with HP Tuners?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    18+ diablo unlocked definitely not compatible.

17 & down diablo unlocked no promises it'll work.
    This reply gives half the answer.

An 18+ "Diablo Unlocked" will not work as is, but can it be sent in and "converted" to "HP Unlocked"?

or

Is it a one shot deal, once it is "Diablo Unlocked" it can never work for HP?

Tuner
    for 17and down Diablo unlocked PCM works fine with HPtuner did it to many costumers with out problems for 18+ didnot tried it yet
    Jeep wrangler 2012 automatic, sprintex supercharger, 9lbs of boost, 4.5" lift, fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks, 4.88 gears, 37" tires,

Ford Mustang Shelby gt350 2017, airraid air filter, jlt catch-can,