Thread: 3800 Camaro MAF histograms?

Tuner in Training

3800 Camaro MAF histograms?

Looking for a MAF histogram to dial in my GN. It has a 3800 camaro PCM with L67 engine.

I have used the histograms for the LSx in the past on my trucks, but unsure if those will work with the v6 crowd. I have searched, and the histogram sticky for v6 here seems to be completely dead. My car was dialed in, until I moved from IN to TX. Now my trims are +16.4. I have manually adjusted the specific frequencies and smoothed, but I would rather just grab a HG.

Even better if there is a MAF to WB fueling one, or someone can school me on how to generate one so I can really dial it in. My WOT fueling is spot on, just light cruising and idle.

Thoughts?

85 GN idle 092818.hpl

85 GN MAF adjust 092818.hpt
    Last edited by GN_Drake; 10-05-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added idle scan and tune

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    So to use the wideband you add your wideband as a channel and then transform the channel to make the scanner value match the gauge display. Once that's done add another channel called commanded afr.
    Once you have those two make a maf histogram based on you ecus mag axis in the editor file. Where it asks for a sensor to record open the sensor/pid menu and scroll to the maths folder at the bottom. In there is a afr error maths pid. Select that and then go to town tuning.

Tuner in Training
    I have the WB setup and transformed. Are you referring to adding this as another channel?
    "Air-Fuel Ratio Commanded (Lo Ref)"? If so, it is added.

Going to have to walk me through that last part a bit. I hadn't opened my HP tuners in about 5yrs, then upgraded to 4.0. My skills are lacking currently. I know where to go to setup the histogram in charts, but haven't set one up to date.

My current config and layout are below.

Grand National.Layout.xml
    GN with NGK WB.Channels.xml

Thanks,
    C

Try this video. If your still stuck let me know what you don't understand. V4 isn't too different from v3.
    https://youtu.be/Jpqm2SEtagw

Tuner in Training
    Thanks cobalt, I will check out the video and report back.

I hadnt opened HPT since early V2.... So its been a long while. Was very familiar with DHP powertuner before that.

Tuner in Training
    Ok. So that was pretty easy to follow the video.

Only questions:

Do I need to turn the LTFT's off in tune prior to logging? (Or can I just turn the LTFT learn off in scanner and reset trims prior to driving?)

After logging/driving awhile, simply paste special and multiply by?

Appreciate the help. I will use this same method and setup a MAF --> LTFT

Since you'll be in and out of the tune it's easier shut them off in the tune

Tuner in Training
    Well, using the MAF - LTFT graph, I was able to get the trims pretty much dialed back within 5%. I guess the e85/air from IN is much different than in TX... who knows. Either way, I didn't end up using the AFR error.

Going to verify the VE table as well, given the findings on how off the trims were, I have a feeling I might need to start from scratch.

its a possibility
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman