Thread: FG Turbo TR6060 TYRE SIZE CHANGE ISSUES

Potential Tuner

FG Turbo TR6060 TYRE SIZE CHANGE ISSUES

Hi everyone I've got a 2014 Fg Mk2 xr6 Turbo ute with the 6 Speed manual. I've Changed wheels and tyre size and tried to calibrate the change as the speedo is 4km out at 100kmph. so when the speedo reads 100 the vehicle is actually doing 104kmph. I calculated the Rotations Per Km to be 483 RPK the tyres are a 295/30 19". I've tried changing this setting in the tune and Writing the entire tune and it doesn't change a thing (still 4 ks out at 100kmph) I've turned the VID to disable also, I've even tried changing the figure dramatically and it does not change anything. I sent a email to Hp Tuners Support and done everything they have requested, loaded BETA software to my laptop and tried all things requested and still no go. This has been going on since July and I just want it sorted. Hp Tuners Support last said it has been sent to the engineers to asses but that was on the 5th of September and I've emailed them for an update and have not gotten a reply, Just wondering If anyone else has come across this before? Thanks Justin

Advanced Tuner
    what happens if you try using the ABS as your VSS source or you try enabling VSS output via the PCM and disable it via SCP

Potential Tuner
    In the speedometer section disable the tab sayin use VID. your changes for rolling diameter will then be used.
    Then select VSS out by PCM. that's how I changed mine

Advanced Tuner
    wish this worked for changing gear ratios :/

Potential Tuner
    I'd still try this method misk. Its changes the way the car reads road speed so should automatically recalibrate for your ratio change

Potential Tuner
    OK thanks I'll give that a try tomorrow thanks

Advanced Tuner
    how does it work? whats the difference between the 2?

Potential Tuner
    VID block is written from factory so diff gear changes or revolutions per mile aren't seen by the car. Using VSS by PCM reads speed off the wheel sensors

Potential Tuner
    So I tried what was mentioned and still no go. I disabled the USE VID, disabled VSS out of SCP and Enabled VSS out of PCM and set the rpk to 483 wrote entire file and still 4kmph out. I even tried changing the rpk to 400 and it didn't change a thing still 4kmph out. One thing I noticed is when ever I type a figure into the tyre rpk it highlights it red. Also I was using the VCM editor BETA version as HP support recommended it. Should I just use the latest VCM editor and not the BETA version? Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I meant more like what determines whether vss out via pcm or scp are on or off, or both on/off and what the effect is.
    ive asked about this before but got no replys.
    i assume with scp off and pcm on the pcm takes the vss signal from the select source and then calculates the speed from the settings in the tune, rather than relying on the abs module or maybe zf6 to calculate it from the vid block and then output a speed signal?