Thread: GTI Advice

Senior Tuner

GTI Advice

If anyone here has experience with MK6 GTI tuning and doesn't mind helping me out I would appreciate it. I'm experimenting with my friends trying to learn the ECU and get all limits out of the way and boost raised and still missing something. Thanks

2013GTIStock.hpt
    Last edited by tbrtuning; 10-03-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Can you post the stock file? I'd like to take a look and could offer some suggestions then

Senior Tuner
    Yeah. I will when I'm on the computer later. I've tried what seemed obvious with limits, which is a lot, but still feel like I'm not getting as much boost as it can make.

I haven't looked at a GTi tune yet, just a S4/S6 one for the 3.0t. Im guessing there will be a WG solenoid duty cycle table that you're missing or something. Post it when you get a chance.

Senior Tuner
    I got busy tuning a Charger yesterday and forgot about it. There is a wastegate duty cycle table. There's something for Min TIP too. Wasn't sure if these needed raised or if they were just a model that should be left near stock.

I did notice the wastegate duty cycle table only went to 60% or something like that though. That's the next thing I was going to experiment with.

Senior Tuner
    Finally got a chance to upload tune. I attached to my original post

Tuner in Training
    Might give some an idea what a stage 1+ might look like, you all need to read a funktionsrahmen preferably English version to get the full understanding how cylinder charge and demand is working on this engine controller, nefmoto wiki into ME 7.5 should give you a primer, while i have never tried tuning these ecus in HP tuners i know to properly make MBT with a good BSFC, and sane EGTS there are plenty of maps to get a handle on, unless your looking for a unitronics tuning quality tune. reading into the controller first and foremost will help you in any software, you will even find cool things like the feature in the video

some maps.png

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mr...a8FQQHTCC2pkV3
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kr...FRkFmCcieFZblc
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c2...9vNp8zhZwa7iBl
    Last edited by Stringerb3ll; 10-17-2018 at 04:59 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for posting. I stumbled across the Nefmoto write up and guides and read the ECU detail documents. Seems pretty straight forward. I even starting looking for files to look at in other software.

Im starting to think I might be maxed out on the GTI and we were expecting too much. Seeing over 200 load spike tapering to maybe 180s up top if I remember right.

Tuner in Training
    upload logs

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...rmance-Logging

what maps have you used for cylinder fill? what kind of timing are you running near borderline, what maps where used for waste gate control? is there any timing intervention? When i started tuning bosch ecus some 15 years ago i didn't know what i do today and my tuning quaility show's it, but upload logs and others here will have more to input, in my world there are 100s of "vw audi tuners" and even large commercial company's that haven't spend the proper time to get it right. (rushing solutions out, with maxed out limiters and deleted/suspended functions that control important parts of engine operation)

i can almost promise you most guys tuning modern efi spend years learning one ecu type that's the only way we can cover custom requests like multi map, 2 step, rolling no lag, and other common requested things, on my web store, 90% of my sales are from custom coded tuner to tuner solutions. when it comes to true MBT tuning you better have some cyl pressure data to back up claim there isn't more power to be gained, it took me 100s of revisions and many hours on the dyno data logging and another few months of ecu before i played with MED17 and when i first did i would practice my craft at a rental car before a customers.

empirical based tuning will beat intuition based tuning any day of week
    Last edited by Stringerb3ll; 10-21-2018 at 06:52 PM.