Thread: 2018 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 duramax diesel

Potential Tuner

2018 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 duramax diesel

has anyone played with one yet? I'm just guessing because the vehicle is so new not a lot of people have so just wanted to start a place where people can talk about what you've done with yours and post there tunes for this vehicle maybe I can learn something. My story personally my wife made me get rid of my Camaro so I picked up one of these. What are you thoughts on the truck and what have you done with yours?

Potential Tuner
    I have just put 11k on mine ...2018 zr2 Colorado with 2.8 duramax and all I have done is put in fuel and def...oh and change the oil. I'm gonna sell it though because I tuned my gas 05 Colorado and now its like a new truck with so much more power that I cant drive the diesel.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Duramaxxxx.

I just received my MPVI pro and have been datalogging my 2017 Colorado Duramax up here in Canada, no it does not run on maple syrup lol! I have set up channels to log but can not log EGT or AFR. I see there is a PLX that can support AEM and Innovate wideband. Maybe one of the more experienced members could recommend a Pyrometer or how they are logging that data.

Sorry for high jacking you thread but did not want to start another thread. Hope to start some discussion about the 2.8. its been awhile

Advanced Tuner
    IIRC, for the diesel guys, the CAN data on the AEM 30-0300/0310 goes all the way to lambda 6.5 ( 95AFR ) , if the new prolink can read it.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks drmike for the recommendation I will look into the AEM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    afr is a function of lambda....since they all read lambda i suggest you switch to making adjustments in lambda. most people would be surprised how much easier it is to use once you understand what the numbers mean.
    rdrfabrication@gmail.com
    2016 GMC 3500 Denali Diesel
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Ecotec help can be found here:
    LNF-http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...357-LNF-Guides
    LSJ-http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...965-LSJ-Guides

Potential Tuner
    Yes I agree cobalt. I do have some experience in motorcycle tuning and have a basic understanding of lambda. This platform is new to me also being a diesel. I used a OBD Bluetooth and an android app and was able to access all EGT sensors and O2 sensor concentration. VCM scanner has some pids/channels but they all reads 0. I could remove the downpipe and weld in an O2 bung and purchase AEM gauge,if that is the only option.
    So because the data is available through the OBD is this something HP support would address? I would like to have the appropriate channels before I make any changes to the tune. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files