Thread: Scanner resetting other obd2 codes?

Advanced Tuner

Scanner resetting other obd2 codes?

Would like to request the scanner software to be updated to support & execute the process in resetting the other modules that are onboard the domestic vehicles. Such resetting involving ABS, SRS, TPS, & Radio DTCs. It would be a tremendous help to accompany the existing software & allow the user to learn more of the tuning aspect rather than think themselves out of doing something due to the fear of not being able to reset the other modules from an accidental fault code trip.

I don't see anything of harm nor do I see it "fishy" to have the ability to do the above. Is it a pipedream or will the request become something to expect from HPT to incorporate?
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

What vehicles are you working on?

The scanner should already be able to do that on most modern vehicles where the modules in question are OBD-II compliant.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    2008 caliber srt, 2008 colorado, 2000 neon r/t. I know for certain it was not resetting the SRS & radio codes for the three vehicles nor the TPM dtc for the two equipped in order to troubleshoot the fault. Usually after testing or a repair related to those modules is executed, resetting & refreshing the frames to see if it's resolved is how I treat the situation. Without the software being capable of doing the reset, I am left to guess if what I've done helped.
    For the radio readouts, I was able to borrow a scantool that showed a code & the description to a speaker having a resistance issue. HPT never reported the DTC.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Tuner in Training
    another thing with caliber srt4s... ability to clear adaptives would be amazing.. the aeroforce scangauge allows us to clear adaptives. and a few more things that we need for the caliber srt4 is the ability to log injector duty cycle and knock. again, my 10$ bluetooth obd2 with a 5$ torque pro app allows me to monitor knock. but i cannot with my hp tuners software.