Thread: 2017 6.2 8 speed basic tune help

Potential Tuner

2017 6.2 8 speed basic tune help

So I?m new to GEN V and have always paid tunes. Decided I was ready to do it myself. Truck only has cai, ported throttle body and catless long tubes. Looking to clean up afr and throttle response. Thats it nothing crazy its a DD on M/Ts not looking for max power. I have been reading for days. Not really finding what Im looking for. Will post logs in the AM. Im on my phone right now. Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by david_fray; 10-09-2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Missing words

Do have an unlocked TCM? I found on my personal truck that once I got the TCM unlocked that made the biggest change in how the truck acts and reacts to input. I can post up my personal truck tune tonight when I get home, like a dummy I ran out of the house without my laptop.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DHC View Post
    Do have an unlocked TCM? I found on my personal truck that once I got the TCM unlocked that made the biggest change in how the truck acts and reacts to input. I can post up my personal truck tune tonight when I get home, like a dummy I ran out of the house without my laptop.

No it is not only tuning the PCM. Too lazy I guess to figure out how I can wait a few days for it to be unlocked
    Attached Files Attached Files

I ended up ordering a new TCM from Justin@speartech. Gave him my VIN paid him some money and few days later I had my TCM to send in to HP, make sure to plug it in and drive it to make sure it works right before you send to HP. To me it was worth the money not to have my truck down for a couple weeks waiting. Do you a wideband in the truck, any fueling mods require a wideband. I put 2 AEM 30-0310 sensor controllers in the truck as it a test mule at this point, I did have Dr. Mike code them so they have different addresses for CAN hookup at the OBD2 connector. Used an OBD splitter to hardwire them in so that one end stays open for basic obd needs and the MPVI stays plugged in at all times, makes for a cleaner instal. Not saying you need 2 but at least 1 is an absolute must to get the fueling dialed in and know its right.