Thread: I forgot to Deactivate installations and cannot install on a new laptop

Potential Tuner

I forgot to Deactivate installations and cannot install on a new laptop

Hello all,
    I am a new Racerender user with about 15 YouTube Racerender posts (under handle barbaphoto) from motorcycle track days here at Thunderhill Raceway in California. I am currently rendering video between sessions from my GoPro Hero 6. I have purchased 4 laptops from Costco, all cost between $2,000-3500 and had higher end video editing capabilities. I installed Racerender on each. Costco's 90 day return policy has afforded me some real world comparison data. Each of the laptops from ASUS and Dell developed some sort of issue either with software or hardware and needed to be returned. Unfortunately, I didn't pay close enough attention to the "deactivate license" action when returning these to Costco. As a result, I have purchased yet another ASUS for evaluation but cannot activate my paid for Racerender program due to excessive installs. I have contacted product support 3 days ago but have not heard back from them.
    Does anyone have any other ideas? I am riding this weekend 10/6-10/2018 and will not have use of the software.
    I appreciate any advice you may have!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by jaybee59; 10-02-2018 at 12:36 PM. Reason: typo

I suppose you could wait for HP Tuners to respond to your email. They may need to do some background work to reactivate your license. I think they are pretty reasonable. Then again, they may believe you breached the agreement and revoked your license. In that case you may need to purchase a new one.

I responded to the email and reset the activation counter this morning. Given enough time since the last use on a particular computer, it will automatically free up that activation so that typical computer upgrades or changes shouldn't run into this limit. It's usually only when there has been somewhat recent activations or use on more than 3 different computers that it will run into this limit and require our manual intervention, so I don't get all that many requests needing this. As you might imagine, providing users with an instant deactivation button would unfortunately be ripe for abuse.