Thread: Boost display on video

Tuner in Training

Boost display on video

Am I missing a way to add a boost display to video rendered via TrackAddict or do I need to export to RaceRender to do this? I have baro and manifold pressure logged and can see the Boost vs Time graph for a session but was hoping to be able to do this from mobile.
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    A&A Vortech V3 SI on 3.8" Pulley, Texas Speed 1 7/8" Catless Longtubes, MightyMouse Gen 5 catch can, LT4 High Pressure Fuel Pump
    617rwhp/575rwtq

Presently, there is not a boost video overlay within the app, so you would need to use RaceRender to show it on a video...

I usually do the following to create a boost gauges in RaceRender:

1) Double-click on the data file in the "Input Files" list

2) Go down to "Calculated Field 1", set the name to Boost, Input Field to "Intake Manifold Pressure", choose the "Subtract" operation, and then enter your normal baro reading in the box to the right (eg around 14.5 PSI at sea level, 12.0 in Denver, etc.)

3) Click OK to exit that screen

4) Click the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section, then choose "Gauge", set the "Field" selection at the top to "Boost", click on a gauge style that looks good, and then use the properties box to customize it as you like.

I hope to streamline this process a bit in the future, but the steps above will get the job done too...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Presently, there is not a boost video overlay within the app, so you would need to use RaceRender to show it on a video...

I usually do the following to create a boost gauges in RaceRender:

1) Double-click on the data file in the "Input Files" list

2) Go down to "Calculated Field 1", set the name to Boost, Input Field to "Intake Manifold Pressure", choose the "Subtract" operation, and then enter your normal baro reading in the box to the right (eg around 14.5 PSI at sea level, 12.0 in Denver, etc.)

3) Click OK to exit that screen

4) Click the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section, then choose "Gauge", set the "Field" selection at the top to "Boost", click on a gauge style that looks good, and then use the properties box to customize it as you like.

I hope to streamline this process a bit in the future, but the steps above will get the job done too...
    Thanks for the reply, my next question was going to be how to do it in race render. Shouldn't we be subtracting actual logged baro from manifold pressure though? Hopefully in the future
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    A&A Vortech V3 SI on 3.8" Pulley, Texas Speed 1 7/8" Catless Longtubes, MightyMouse Gen 5 catch can, LT4 High Pressure Fuel Pump
    617rwhp/575rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
    Shouldn't we be subtracting actual logged baro from manifold pressure though?
    Absolutely. That's what the calculation in TrackAddict is doing, but RaceRender is a little trickier to provide universal calculations for because we could have data from all kinds of different sources and we won't always know if the units are really the same, etc. Doable, but it just takes more time to do it well...

Tuner in Training
    Just checking in to see if there has been anything done in this space? I have not kept up. Since TrackAddict already calculates boost on the log screen, would it be much pain to just add a gauge to show that value in the video export? I have RaceRender but it's starting to be more work than I am interested in anymore, I like just clicking a few buttons and posting to YouTube
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    617rwhp/575rwtq

Looks like I'll be able to release it in the next app update (v4.3.3)...

Screenshot_20190419-152920.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Looks like I'll be able to release it in the next app update (v4.3.3)...

Screenshot_20190419-152920.jpg
    Awesome!
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    617rwhp/575rwtq

Tuner in Training
    Grabbed the update and got it working! Thanks a ton!

boost.png
    2014 Corvette Z51 M7
    617rwhp/575rwtq