Thread: 2014 cts-v knock sensor settings

Advanced Tuner

2014 cts-v knock sensor settings

So i've read that the knock sensors are pretty sensitive from the factory. It seems like i'm getting some false knock in the low rpm/low load areas. These areas my timing table is pretty much stock. Anyone slightly desensitize their knock sensors on their cts-v? It doesn't seem like there is any way to desensitize them according to rpm. The only rpm related table i saw was the "attack rate" one, but that doesn't change the sensitivity. thanks guys
    vve tuning.hpl2.55 pulley, ID850s, VVE CHANGES REV 1.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    anyone??

hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files

you cant just deaden all the same cause each cylinder has different location and sensitivities at different rpm youll see what i mean compare to your file

Advanced Tuner
    Some KR in high load/low rpm areas on a stock car seems to happen, especially if you've got some mods on it now. I wouldn't go desensitizing sensors unless you have some sort of knock monitoring system like a Plex. Try removing a degree or two where KR is happening and see if it goes away. That or you need to kick in PE a little sooner and get some fuel in it.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

i sent a revised kr setttings for him safe no more than 14 percents its all has to do with placement of knock sensor to cylinder so each are different. lower numbers are safer to change really high unlike yellow colored ones. where the sensisitivvity is set real high you dont touch.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jpierro79 View Post
    you cant just deaden all the same cause each cylinder has different location and sensitivities at different rpm youll see what i mean compare to your file
    I don't have my tuning computer in front of me right now, but I know I can adjust each cylinder individually. i'll take a look at your revised tune when I get home. FYI, I was planning on just de-sensitizing the low rpm/low load areas considering those areas are the same as the stock tune is. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    Some KR in high load/low rpm areas on a stock car seems to happen, especially if you've got some mods on it now. I wouldn't go desensitizing sensors unless you have some sort of knock monitoring system like a Plex. Try removing a degree or two where KR is happening and see if it goes away. That or you need to kick in PE a little sooner and get some fuel in it.
    My knock was happening from approx. 1600-2200 rpms while just cruising (.16g-.44g approx.). Knock sensors pulled about 6 degrees out of these various areas. So I dialed the timing back 6 degrees in those areas and it STILL pulled an additional 6-7 degrees so I figured it was just picking up something else. It's got to be picking up knock from some other noise considering the areas are the same as stock timing. I have now started to log each individual cylinder knock to see if I can pin point if it's just one cylinder or more than one

Advanced Tuner
    I appreciate the responses guys...thanks again.

if its multiple youve got a bad knock sensor. FYI or bad connection.