Thread: Multiple MPVI2 and shared licenses

Potential Tuner

Multiple MPVI2 and shared licenses

With the MPVI2's online licensing, is it possible to have more than one module share licensing? For example, my friend and I constantly have to swap the interface whenever tuning is required. It would be great if we each had an interface and could share the vehicles we have licensed.

If this is possible, and I lose the interface, I could purchase a new interface and all the licenses would be available on the new interface?

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, there will never be shared licensing.

If you lose an interface I suggest contacting support, we will work with you a case by case basis for resolution.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Ok. I understand the interface does not support any type of shared licensing at this time.

Is this something HP Tuners could consider? Licenses could be tied to a user account rather than a specific device. This way, if a device is lost, a new device can be purchased and one would only need to re-sync their licenses with the new device.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, there will never be shared licensing.

If you lose an interface I suggest contacting support, we will work with you a case by case basis for resolution.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"