Thread: Model Year Credits

Tuner in Training

Model Year Credits

I have a E37 ecm that the vin is for a pontiac g5 gt, but the serial number is from a malibu. I want to buy model year credits for pontiac g5 but the license option are 1:do not license 2: specific (serial number) 3:unlimited chevrolet malibu.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexadecimal View Post
    I have a E37 ecm that the vin is for a pontiac g5 gt, but the serial number is from a malibu. I want to buy model year credits for pontiac g5 but the license option are 1:do not license 2: specific (serial number) 3:unlimited chevrolet malibu.
    So should I find a stock 2008 Pontiac G5 GT file, license that, then I would be able to tune this ecm?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    So should I find a stock 2008 Pontiac G5 GT file, license that, then I would be able to tune this ecm?
    Thats likely the worst thing you could do from the sounds of it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    So what exactly is the problem? Sounds like its allowing you to license it any way you want, that is a good thing.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    So what exactly is the problem? Sounds like its allowing you to license it any way you want, that is a good thing.
    Theres no option to license MY 2008 Pontiac G5

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Theres no option to license MY 2008 Pontiac G5
    Then I would strongly consider contacting support https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

"E37 ecm that the vin is for a pontiac g5 gt, but the serial number is from a malibu. I want to buy model year credits for pontiac g5 but the license option are 1:do not license 2: specific (serial number) 3:unlimited chevrolet malibu." would lead me to believe its allowing you to license it just fine.