Thread: Adding a Cruze turbo to a E78

Adding a Cruze turbo to a E78

I just started considering this as an option and I was curious if anyone had any advice. I'm installing a turbo from a cruze on my chevy spark. Both cars use an e78. I have the wire plugs for the turbo and I'm wondering if I can connect wires to the e78 to utilize the bypass valve and I'm assuming a sensor.

I see in hp tuners where I could enable/change those parameters so I am interested in this as an option.

If not, I installed an adjustable blow off valve and was hoping I could tune the computer/adjust the bov as needed. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlue View Post
    I just started considering this as an option and I was curious if anyone had any advice. I'm installing a turbo from a cruze on my chevy spark. Both cars use an e78. I have the wire plugs for the turbo and I'm wondering if I can connect wires to the e78 to utilize the bypass valve and I'm assuming a sensor.

I see in hp tuners where I could enable/change those parameters so I am interested in this as an option.

If not, I installed an adjustable blow off valve and was hoping I could tune the computer/adjust the bov as needed. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    I don't think you have access to EVERY parameter you need to change / enable to make this work. You are better off trying to load a stock Cruze file in to your ECM and going from there. Good luck!

Potential Tuner
    Little off topic , but im a gm tech and also do ls swaps on the side like everyother tech lol.
    We have alot off customers that hate auto stop on these new vehicles. Can hptuner disable it ?

Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    I don't think you have access to EVERY parameter you need to change / enable to make this work. You are better off trying to load a stock Cruze file in to your ECM and going from there. Good luck!
    Thanks for the input, I will keep that in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Gromrider View Post
    Little off topic , but im a gm tech and also do ls swaps on the side like everyother tech lol.
    We have alot off customers that hate auto stop on these new vehicles. Can hptuner disable it ?
    Eric at hp tuners claims it is accessible in vehicles that are covered. I don't have it in my car so I don't have personal experience. I haven't seen any posts explaining where it is though.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...uto-start-stop