Thread: 2014 Mustang Vortech Initial Tune (review)

Potential Tuner

2014 Mustang Vortech Initial Tune (review)

I am getting ready to install a Vortech V3 and would like for somebody to review the tune to make sure I didn't miss anything big. I wrote this tune based off the Coyote cookbook, using an excel spreadsheet to calculate the values for the MP/Torque tables based off the OP values. My previous tuning experience is my Camaro V6 with a Vortech, but it was a GM and Bosch ECU, so there was no torque tables, inferred fuel pressure, and a host of other things.

Setup will be:
    Vortech V3 JT with 3.6 pulley
    Circle D 5c Converter
    Boss intake
    Kooks 1-5/8th headers with catless x-pipe
    ID 1050x Fuel Injectors
    Steeda CAI

For the MAF table I used my Steeda MAF values since it is a 101mm and the Vortech MAF tube is 98mm, close enough to where I can dial it in.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    get a log of the car to help...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Your tune looks pretty good to me.

One thing that stands out is many tunes have "OP Enrichment Req"= Disabled under Engine>Airflow>Variable Camshaft. I've read on these forums that it can PREVENT the car from going into WOT Lambda which is bad imo. Someone else confirm this please?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post

One thing that stands out is many tunes have "OP Enrichment Req"= Disabled under Engine>Airflow>Variable Camshaft. I've read on these forums that it can PREVENT the car from going into WOT Lambda which is bad imo. Someone else confirm this please?
    always disable OP enrich required...leaving it enabled can cost you a block...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    get a log of the car to help...
    I'm still putting the supercharger on the car, I wrote the initial tune while I was waiting for the kit to get here. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something big in the tune, since I spent so much time on the small details.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post

Thanks, I disabled it in my tune now, definitely don't want to blow the engine on the first WOT.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the review, I just started it up and let it idle for 5 minutes and she ran good. Fuel trims are rich by 20%-25%, but that is better than the engine stalling. I have to wait for the engine to cool down so I can get the coolant level correct now.
    Attached Files Attached Files