Thread: MPVI2 WIth AEM 30-0334 Wideband Setup

MPVI2 WIth AEM 30-0334 Wideband Setup

I just purchased a AEM 30-0334 X Series wideband, set it all up and followed the instructions to get it to read, it is working and it is logging my Actual AFR in my Channels List, however there is no values in my AFR Error Histogram on the Graphs. I am really confused on how to make this AFR error work so i can tune my WOT the way i used to. I Have AFR Error (Math) as first parameter and MAF Frequency Sensor as Colomn Axis. With my old MPVI Pro I would use this histogram to log the AFR error and make the adjustments necessary...however with the OBD2 Style Can bus Wideband and my MPVI2 ....The AFR Error HIstogram is empty while in the channels list it is actually logging. Please help!

Senior Tuner
    if u change the error maths to suit the new wb pid then it should work as normal

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    if u change the error maths to suit the new wb pid then it should work as normal

A little more help would be awesome. I tried messing with the error maths, the only one that logs anything is EQ Ratio Error Math. I want to tune using AFR ErROR Math.

The Channel will have the ODBII WB parameter. Your chart WB will select that parameter as the WB signal and you will answer Yes to the Sensor question. Then the canned math error will work.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys, Need some help with the same issue except that I set this tune up from scratch. My WB pid is reading a value but I cant get it to record data into the MAP AFR error graph. Assuming I created the graph correctly? I attached the graph below.

2006 Vette Base LS2

Pfadt 1 7/8? long tube headers w/ 3? collectors
    X-pipe, high flow cats, Z06 mufflers , Vararam power wedge, and BC coilovers,
    MAF AFR Err High.Graphs.xml

Advanced Tuner
    Don't you need afr commanded in channel list to log? I have the same WB. My gage is set to Lambda, so that's what I log.
    Last edited by DGS; 01-13-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post a tune and a log so we can recreate what you are looking at.

Advanced Tuner
    My channel reads "WB EQ Ratio 1 (SAE)". Search channel using "WB". I sometimes have to unplug and reinstall USB to computer to get it to come up in channel list. I find at times some channels mysteriously do not appear. Doing this seems to help. Seems to happen after a tune burn, then transitioning to the scanner. I tried "WB EQ Ratio 1" and changed unit in chart from Lambda to AFR 14.7 and it logs
    AFR. You need "WB EQ 1 (SAE)" in your channel list. Let us know if it works. Still would like log and tune. This helps a lot.
    Last edited by DGS; 01-13-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the log file.
    MAF Mid RPM_Run_6.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I don't have a issue with connecting and getting a reading from the WB, Its getting the data to record to the MAP AFR error graph.