Thread: FLEX FUEL SENSOR NOT READING on C7

Advanced Tuner

FLEX FUEL SENSOR NOT READING on C7

If I pinned the ecm correct, have a good power and a good ground my flex fuel sensor should immediately be able to read the alcohol percentage pid correct? I was reading 9% in the scanner so I filled it up with a tank of E85 for tuning and it still shows 9% and my ltft were going crazy so I know the E was hitting the injectors. Any ideas? At first id read 0% and I uploaded the tune with the sensor enabled and it read 9%. I thought I was in the clear.
    Last edited by JASON11WS6; 10-05-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Tuner
    I use the 'Ethanol Fuel % (SAE)' pid. I don't know if they are the same or not.

Did you change the 'Fuel Sensor' = 'Sensor' and not virtual?

But I agree, it's seemed to be working by receiving a value > 0.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes we selected sensor not virtual and I just selected ethanol % for our scanner pid. Now I'm showing 6x% E so that seemed to be the trick but the cars is running super lean. Is there a table I would need to adjust for the fueling? If the car is reading Ethanol we should be fine right. I'll see if I can attach the scan but we are talking 11-21% lean right now but as I watch the fuel trims it seems to be sitting around 8-10

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the scan if someone can take a look
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like the Stoich AFR chart aren't set up for alcohol like the gen IV stuff. Anyone have a flex fuel tune I can copy/paste

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i ran into this yesterday on a remote tune i did for a ZL1 and to read need to select ethanol and no alcohol PID
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161