Thread: E67 ECM no start vats issues.

Potential Tuner

E67 ECM no start vats issues.

Hey there everyone. After searching the forums the last 2 hours i cannot find a thread that answers my question. I have a 2007 LE5 ecotec out of a pontiac solstice in a 94 miata. I am using a E67 ECU out of a 2007 G6 LE5. I am in the advanced viewer, i do not have the Option to turn off vats in the System/General section of HP Editor. The OS tab has VATS patch 1 and 2 and i have both of those disabled also set the 1629 and 1630 DTCS to no error reported. the vehicle will fire for a second and die again. I am super confused if i am missing something basic?

Trouble codes i have currently are

P0463 Fuel level sensor A circuit High

P0685 ECM/PCM power relay control circuit/open

U0140 Lost communication with body control module

Thank you guys in advance!!!!

heres the tune that im working with
    Messing with Inital tune.hpt
    Last edited by Iaotto86; 10-05-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaotto86 View Post
    Hey there everyone. After searching the forums the last 2 hours i cannot find a thread that answers my question. I have a 2007 LE5 ecotec out of a pontiac solstice in a 94 miata. I am using a E67 ECU out of a 2007 G6 LE5. I am in the advanced viewer, i do not have the Option to turn off vats in the System/General section of HP Editor. The OS tab has VATS patch 1 and 2 and i have both of those disabled also set the 1629 and 1630 DTCS to no error reported. the vehicle will fire for a second and die again. I am super confused if i am missing something basic?

Trouble codes i have currently are

P0463 Fuel level sensor A circuit High

P0685 ECM/PCM power relay control circuit/open

U0140 Lost communication with body control module

Thank you guys in advance!!!!

heres the tune that im working with
    Messing with Inital tune.hpt
    Go to: System-General- Disable started Diag and Clutch interlock, full flash, disconnect battery 5 min, let us know
    Last edited by castorjames; 10-06-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you castorjames i am going out to try that right now! just so im on the same page the full flash is clicking on the ecu chip with the red arrow up in the tool bar of the video editor correct? just want to make sure there isn't some other way of doing a full flash.

Potential Tuner
    Castor james This solved the issue! started and stayed running for a few seconds! (dont have any coolant in the vehicle right now) thank you!! side note after flashing the ECU and disconnecting the battery you have to disconnect the HP tuners from the OBD port before starting, after re flashing and disconnecting the battery when i tried to start it, it kept dying once i unplugged the hp tuners it fired right up!!! thanks again for the help i wonder if i didn't do a full write before and thats why it wasnt starting? oh well glad to be learning how this all works!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaotto86 View Post
    Castor james This solved the issue! started and stayed running for a few seconds! (dont have any coolant in the vehicle right now) thank you!! side note after flashing the ECU and disconnecting the battery you have to disconnect the HP tuners from the OBD port before starting, after re flashing and disconnecting the battery when i tried to start it, it kept dying once i unplugged the hp tuners it fired right up!!! thanks again for the help i wonder if i didn't do a full write before and thats why it wasnt starting? oh well glad to be learning how this all works!!!
    You need to do Write entire when doing those patch modifications, glad it worked. happy to help