Thread: help tuning new injectors

Potential Tuner

help tuning new injectors

gen 3 turbo 5.3 p59 switched from stock injectors to 150lb popping and backfiring when boost starts hitting entered all the injector data but cant seem to get them dialed in any help would be appropriated let me know if you need any more info thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hughes854; 10-05-2018 at 07:53 PM.

What is your wideband showing, going too lean? It ran good before the injector change, and thats all you did?

Potential Tuner
    thank you for responding. Wideband is showing 13s just as im coming into boost 105kpa to 115kpa then drops into the 12s and starts popping and backfiring. I have my wastgate set around 125kpa for now, and yes only injectors were changed. yes ran great before new injectors, its like i have a bad miss fire. No codes coming up, so what im wondering is if just by coincidence ignition problem at the same time i changed injectors or if the injector or my tune is doing it? thanks a ton for your help.

Potential Tuner
    oh and fuel pressure is right around 50psi vacuum regulated with return.

Quote Originally Posted by hughes854 View Post
    thank you for responding. Wideband is showing 13s just as im coming into boost 105kpa to 115kpa then drops into the 12s and starts popping and backfiring. I have my wastgate set around 125kpa for now, and yes only injectors were changed. yes ran great before new injectors, its like i have a bad miss fire. No codes coming up, so what im wondering is if just by coincidence ignition problem at the same time i changed injectors or if the injector or my tune is doing it? thanks a ton for your help.
    you may need to recalibrate your wideband. sounds lean. give it more fuel and see what it does.
    2004 5.7 gto
    7875 turbo
    Heads/cam