Thread: Solstice LS3 swap with E67, tune file needed.

Solstice LS3 swap with E67, tune file needed.

Hello, does anyone have a E67 cal file for a 58x M6 Solstice swap? I have a customer car here that needs tuning, the E67 is locked by the company that provided the conversion parts. The conversion company will not release the unlock key, and he is stuck. The LS3 has a cam and is almost undriveable.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    1971 Olds Cutlass Supreme
    6.0/4L80E;
    Single turbo - Gen 3 controls, HPT 2bar OS

2014 Sierra Denali
    L86 6.2/6L80E; HPT e85

2005 Chevy Colorado
    LH6 5.3/M5 swap; Cone Killa

Advanced Tuner
    I have one at our shop as well. No doubt the same company...?.
    Ours has a 2011 Caprice 6.0 and the 6L80 auto.
    Same story, ECU is locked, and the car was undriveable. The engine is stock.

The customer found some guy in Canada who was able to read the file and write it into a different E67.
    That ecu would start and run, but the gas pedal was dead. Turns out the E67 is hard coded inside to match a particular DBW pedal...?..and it didn't match the Solstice.

But at least we could read the file.
    So our customer brought in the original ECU from the 4 cylinder car. We did a write entire into the orig ecu, had to do it twice actually, not sure why, but now it runs and has a pedal. This all took 6 credits.

Took it for it's first drive finally just yesterday. A lot of work yet to do.

From what I now understand, this company farms out the tuning to a third party and he uses LS2 Edit. I honestly wonder how many of these cars actually run well.

You might post over on LS1 Tech and see if someone might be able to read the file, I know there are folks who can. This guy in Canada did, but charged our customer a bunch to do it then provided an ECU that had no pedal...?..

PM me if I can help.

Ron
    Last edited by RonSSnova; 10-06-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

I have re-tuned a few of these cars that have been LS swapped. HP Tuners is not the software you will be able to use in most cases. The owners had the cables for the LS2 edit software. It's a very clunky program but is the only way I was able to get the cars to run well. One of the owners has a new car he wants me re-tune but doesn't have a cable for that car. He said that EFI Live has the ability to tune them now, but I have not researched the validity of that. HP Tuners is great for making sure the editing you are doing will not screw up the ECU, however this process hinders your ability with these cars. If anyone gets HP to work well with these I hope they post up to let people know what had to be done to get it to work.

Advanced Tuner
    So far I?m just tuning the MAF. Has a card style MAF instead of the round one that came with the engine. The MAF cal in the provided tune wasn?t close at all.
    I put it in MAF only, turned the VVT off, DOD off, DCFO off etc.

So thus far HPT is doing fine.

For me though, I?ve only tuned a couple other E37 E38 ecu?s so it?s still a learning curve for me.

Then there is the 6 speed auto.....

Going to be a neat car when done though.
    Last edited by RonSSnova; 10-09-2018 at 09:55 AM.

I had one of these swaps come in as well looking for dyno tuning. It's the only thing I have sent home this year without being able to help at all. There is something hokey in their base; even past the forced-VIN matching being done from car to controller. I advised him to see a tuner that dailies with EFI Live.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com