Thread: knock retard 2012 5.0 mustang

Tuner in Training

knock retard 2012 5.0 mustang

hello guys , after tuning my 2012 5.0 mustang, i get some knock retard, from which table i can reduce these knocks and what is the normal knock retard should be ?
    how to know there is high timing and how to reduce timing ?

NOTE: USING IRIDUM SPORT SPARKS .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You need to use the search function on the forums here. There is an amazing amount of knowledge that extremely helpful people have contributed here!

We told you in your last post where you said you made "456 horsepower" on your tune that you were too lean @ .90 lambda.

You're on 95 octane right? Either richen it up or pull back ignition timing! I would richen.

Tuner in Training
    BROTHER regarding the search button most of knock retard problem not in mustang my problem not the concept of reduce KR my problem that not all cars same tables or same info inside the tune file so for example cutoff in mustang i do it very easy but in gmc acadia till now dunno how to do it , in some cars there is cylinder mass air flow cylinder but in gmc acadia there is no cylinder air mass flow .

my point to reduce knock retard not the same in all cars each car diff.
    regarding spark advance timing its reach 46 max because i am using sport sparks iridum more powerful than agency sparks .
    thank you bro.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    in Oman your fuel quality from tunes i have done there is very bad in low in octane. coyote motors like to be rich and as mentioned fix your trims
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    okay bro enshallah i will fix it thank you .

Potential Tuner
    ECM 12141 (Engine - Fuel - Open Loop/Base - Manual Control) is still set for a Lambda of 1.0
    I believe there is some info in here stating that you should set it to the same values as your WOT lambda target. Used for Manual Override.

ECM 33784 (Engine - Fuel - Power Enrich - WOT Lambda) - Like other people said in here, requesting a 0.900 Lambda is pretty lean. I am assuming your are N/A by the engine Brk Tq scanner logs.... Searching in the forums it seems like people command 0.82 - 0.85 Lambda.

Looking in your logs of the WOT pulls. I browsed through one of the pulls (Time point is 12:54:16:XXX) There was a good sized TQ and WHP dip around 3100-4600rpm, that coincides with 0.7* of KR and a resulting timing drop from 21* to 6*. You Commanded 0.9 Lambda during the pull was showing STFT B2 was between -3% and -5% off from that. What confuses me, is how much that spark is dropping, since your knock retard rate table and max retard table seem like they are pulling ALOT, based on a 0.7* KR. (someone explain this to me if it's an obvious answer).

Looking into the scanner log, I'm assuming that when you went to OP, it pulled the ignition map from the OP table. I'm not sure. It wasn't logged so I don't know. (sorry, I am used to 2015+ vehicles where we run a blend of maps at once. OP just doesn't work for me after I turn the config on and snap to point on.)

Looking more into the HPT Tune file, I noticed that:

ECM 44616 (Engine - Spark - Advance - Cylinder Pressure Limit) seems a little off in the upper load/upper rpm areas, in relation to your OP Spark MBT Timing Tables. I know that mine are just above MBT MAX, so it won't clip it, not below.

ECM 44585 (Engine - Spark - Advance - Fuel - Lambda) - This is your spark borderline lambda correction table. When you lower your Commanded Lambda during WOT, double check these tables on that area and rpm range. It's currently taking into account the 3.80 and 1.30 values into the corrections if you are going to shoot between 0.82 and 0.89. You are probably noticing some effect that it's currently having on your tune right now.

Disclaimer - I have only a couple months of knowledge on the S550 platform and I'm sure that if I spouted some mis-information, someone will correct me and I'll delete/remove that portion of my post for future readers. This group is awesome and I've learned quite a bit from browsing the forums and searching every thread I could find.

**Edit** - I noticed in a past thread that you mentioned you recently purchased (3 weeks ago?) an AEM AFR gauge? I read somewhere, that they are set from the factory for stoich to be 14.7:1. https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...-high.1014401/ (Response #8 from Shaun @ AED might be useful). I'm not sure how you have it hooked to the HPT interface I/O port, settings or whatever. But Lambda is Lambda.
    Last edited by Blk04Turbo; 10-12-2018 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Found previous thread mentioning AEM AFR Gauge...

Tuner in Training

Lightbulb

check this bro
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    my bro how are you ?
    first of all thank you for your information and for your help

here in the new attachments many modifications on my tune file done .
    i am reduced lambda , and make the firing cutoff stronger how to do it ?! you do it from 14 tables under spark/ MBT for me from RPM 3000 and above for the first row lowest load
    i make it in minus ( -25 ) to give firing in that range.
    i am only modifying in MBT , regarding the board-line that tables is danger zone don't like to modify it even if my car 1000 HP just don't touch board-line tables !
    in new attachment i am changing the sparks in new sport iridium sparks more expensive but more power more cutoff and more firing and more timing
    in last test drive i am was very happy all KR in the table was in negative so that's mean i can add more power and my engine in safe side
    after hard working under sun from 8 am till 5 pm every day for 2 weeks i get that result which is very good and my car now from wheel more than 420 HP, its come stock from wheel about 385 HP.
    But some banks results was wrong because i am deleting the catalyst filters to make it more powerful and in previous files still not disable the O2 sensors in the new files O2 sensors disabled its now better fuel consumption and more powerful and better timing .
    Just my problem i need ghost cam , still can;t do it correctly .
    Just take a look on my new files and tell me you point when is the mistakes if there is any mistake.
    Thank you very much bro

Advanced Tuner
    You will need to increase your borderline tables in order to reach desired timing. Any changes made to the Fuel Economy Distance Tables will more than likely need borderline spark changes, especially if you're trying to ghost cam + save fuel while driving.

I keep spark advance limit to 4* and 2* in higher loads. I've raised borderline and mbt 10 to 15 degrees in certain tables on my 95 octane tune at 32* wot.

Did you say you changed your mbt table to -25?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    You will need to increase your borderline tables in order to reach desired timing. Any changes made to the Fuel Economy Distance Tables will more than likely need borderline spark changes, especially if you're trying to ghost cam + save fuel while driving.

I keep spark advance limit to 4* and 2* in higher loads. I've raised borderline and mbt 10 to 15 degrees in certain tables on my 95 octane tune at 32* wot.

Did you say you changed your mbt table to -25?
    Is there a setting to adjust timing vs IAT temperature? I notice if my air intake is higher (like if I'm sitting on the side of the road making a new tune) and go do a pull until I get to 3rd gear when the IAT cools off, I'm retarding timing (knock). This could be the same if I was at the track in the line to go. I know it's best to let the car cool off but I want to tune for all conditions I have the stock intake and filter.

Senior Tuner
    Yes. In the Spark section there are modifiers for IAT and ECT

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    Is there a setting to adjust timing vs IAT temperature? I notice if my air intake is higher (like if I'm sitting on the side of the road making a new tune) and go do a pull until I get to 3rd gear when the IAT cools off, I'm retarding timing (knock). This could be the same if I was at the track in the line to go. I know it's best to let the car cool off but I want to tune for all conditions I have the stock intake and filter.
    The spark adders use two tables. One is the number based off the temperature, the other table is the multiplier. This is spark correction, spark being pulled to prevent knock before knock occurs. You may be getting knock due to reasons other than IAT.
    intakeairtempsparkadder.JPG

Z3RO, you should change your MBT tables back to stock, you're file doesn't have anything with the ghost cam in it and you're not logging everything. Here is an example of how your Optimum Power Borderline and MBT table should be when using 95+ octane.
    higheroctanesparktable.JPG

And use this channel list, save this in My Documents > HPTUNERS > VCM SCANNER > CHANNEL CONFIG
    Z3R0.Channels.xml

Advanced Tuner
    Also you need to raise cylinder pressure limit and preignition limit to 63.5.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you so much for the help!!

Tuner in Training
    bro how are you , in BMT tables i make it only first row load from 3000 RPM till the highest RPM -25 to enable the firing sound from exhaust , you should make it in minus to enable it, thats only change in in MBT but boardline table nothing changes.
    Last edited by C0LD ZER0; 10-19-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Those cars have a decel spark table they use. That's where you can change for popping on decel

Advanced Tuner
    You do have bad knock retard. Here are some basic changes you can make.

knock-1.JPG
    Basic-changes.JPG
    zero.jpg