Thread: Cranks , sometimes gives a kick but no start (Scan+tune file avail)

Tuner in Training

Cranks , sometimes gives a kick but no start (Scan+tune file avail)

Hey guys , Hopefully something stupid i'm just overlooking but its a first time startup on a twin turbo Ls 6.0 Nova . I get fuel pump kick on , 60 psi fuel pressure in rails. I'm seeing everything i'm supposed to be seeing outside of the tune... As for the tune I will post it but when I do the scan , it'll show the cranking with 0 degrees spark advance and No injector duty cycle and then all of a sudden it give a little kick but not start and then it shows the spark advance working and it shows like 1% duty cycle on the injectors I'm really confused on this one .
    Worth mentioning I am using a new 150lb injector from Snake eater performance its there 150lb .
    It is a 3bar map and the tune file i'm using here for startup came from Matt Happel & S.E.P injectors themselves since he did a few months of beta testing for them . Its supposed to be a working , running tune in a p59 controller which I also have.
    Hoping you guys can help me figure this out...Really need to get this up and running...Much appreciated...
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    tune has major issues, dtcs are set wrong, maf fail set wrong, etc. I'm 100% positive its just bad tuning.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I have the same feeling , i think I didn't maf fail it (put to 0 ) The dtc would stop it from starting ?

Tuner in Training
    Charging batt at the moment , going to go thru the tune and see what else I can find . Thanks for replying Bill

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, not properly tuning the vehicle will keep it from starting.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Bill I get that...haha...can you give me a couple ideas of what your seeing that i'm not.. zeroed out the maf and failed it in the dtc...What else do you see o wise one lol...

Tuner in Training
    Got it Bill thanks

Don't forget you must install a IAT sensor, without one it will struggle to start and run properly if it think the air temp in -38 degrees.

Make 100% sure you have the CORRECT linear and offset settings for the map sensor you purchased. If it is wrong, it will never run right either.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Don't forget you must install a IAT sensor, without one it will struggle to start and run properly if it think the air temp in -38 degrees.
    good catch

Tuner in Training
    Yeah the Maf wasn't failed as well as the Iat ws built into the maf so had to buy one independent of the Maf , now that's done . Its running just needs a good bit a tuning