Thread: How do I determine what my torque table should look like

Tuner in Training OverNightPartsFromJapan's Avatar

How do I determine what my torque table should look like

Recently in my pursuit of learning hptuners I attempted to do a WOT pull to see if my car was correctly following the OP tables. To my surprise I was repeatedly being hit with P061B limp mode before I could get any valuable data in a log. As a result, I change my torque tables, torque inverse tables, and torque truncation values from the cookbook suggested numbers to the FRPP strategy's numbers. The part throttle drivability is now substantially better with significantly less throttle modulation, what I have recently learned may be due to torque and driver demand's deviation, however I noticed that when I attempt to do a WOT pull the target lambda stays stoich and the throttle is being manipulated heavily by torque errors. It seems this is related to the fact that the torque tables are not accurate under these conditions.

I guess my question is where is the disagreeance causing the throttle and target lambda to be manipulated under these conditions? Is it due to a discrepancy between the torque tables and driver demand, or inaccurate torque tables in general? Is it from me having a torque limit setting too low somewhere? How do I go about making my torque table more accurate? Do I use speed density, math, log this and apply it to that? Please see the attached log and tune file for reference. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try increasing [ECM] 44821 - Combustion Stability Max MAP to 60 inHg

Also, max out these values: [ECM] 20520 - Trans Torque Truncation for X Gear

Tuner in Training OverNightPartsFromJapan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Try increasing [ECM] 44821 - Combustion Stability Max MAP to 60 inHg

Also, max out these values: [ECM] 20520 - Trans Torque Truncation for X Gear
    Thank you Sir