Thread: 04 6.0 fuel injectors cutoff every 6 seconds while moving.

Potential Tuner

04 6.0 fuel injectors cutoff every 6 seconds while moving.

Donor 5.3 flex fuel harness/ecm, 4l60e w/ low stall conv., throttle by wire system out of 03 suburban. 6.0l out of 04 2500 pu. Has .600 inch 224/228 cam w/flex fuel injectors w/no other upgrades. Has Dakota Digital dash.

Issue I'm having is the injectors are shutting off (0ms) every 6 secs. but only when the vehicle is moving. Power braking, idling, 2500rpm no issues. It shuts off for 1sec. then back on for 6 then off 1 then back on..... over and over until the vehicle stops moving. Throttle position makes no difference.

When this happens there is power at injectors, ecm communicates, throttle plate does not close. I have checked grounds over and over. Disconnected the DD module. I'm out of ideas to check.

Thanks for any advice/help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you figured anything out? It goes OL/Accel/Decel right as the injector shuts down. Could it be traction control? Under torque management general there is ETC Injector disable. You need to log more parameters.

Potential Tuner
    What other parameters would you like to see? On the ETC..I tired moving all the modes to 255 for grins nothing changed. I moved TCS max. min. times to 0 no change. Any suggestions on where to try the mode settings?

Potential Tuner
    Update... disconnected vss on tailshaft, issue is gone! Trans doesn't shift outta 1st now as expected. Are there any other areas besides TCS that need to be turned off/adjusted?