Thread: Simple Hemi questions/NGC

Advanced Tuner

Simple Hemi questions/NGC

Hello guys,

What is a good ignition value for a bolt on cam 2009 hemi 5.7 as well as lambda value? Just tuned my first cam and bolt on 5.7 and ended up at 20* up top and about 17* mid range on 93 octane. In terms of fueling i found that about .85 lambda was best anything leaner and didnt gain. Does this seem to fall in line with the general consensus?
    What about torque reduction removal on these 5 speeds ? Good practice or not ? I raised torque ramps and removed some torque reduction

And for future reference does these values apply for 6.1 and 6.4s? Just in case i end up tuning some in the future

Potential Tuner
    I have an 06 5.7 and I cranked the timing up to 24* up top, I also did all the same stuff but i turnt the trans pressure up slightly. Its an 06 300c and I barley got beat by a new coyote mustang guy had a fender on me.

Senior Tuner
    Let the knock sensors be your guide to timing. I have never seen power gained north of 19-20* on 93 pump gas. 24* is really aggressive and I would venture it is knocking and would run better on less timing.

0.85 is fine on an NA motor but is borderline lean, have to play with timing vs lambda to find the sweet spot. I usually find it will take a few more degrees of timing pre-peak torque with a slighty richer .082 or so Lambda.