Thread: Can I add rows to the timing table? Also what might be pulling timing?

Advanced Tuner

Can I add rows to the timing table? Also what might be pulling timing?

Car is a Supercharged Camaro SS and I'm pulling more Airmass then what is listed in the main spark advance table. Can I add rows to cover higher airmass? Or do I have to just adjust some of the numbers a bit higher to cover the added airflow from the supercharger?

Also I called for 15 degrees and was only seeing 14.5, after a bump to 17 degrees i was only seeing 15.5-16. Car isn't seeing any knock, intake and coolant temps were good and the afr was in check.

Advanced Tuner
    I found my timing issue I think. Intake temp tables had timing pulled very early. I adjusted them and will retest now

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone? I was really hoping to add values. Stock table goes up to 1.32 grams but I'm seeing 1.48 at wot. I tried to edit the row columns and it will let me change values but I can't see a way to add cells.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    Anyone? I was really hoping to add values. Stock table goes up to 1.32 grams but I'm seeing 1.48 at wot. I tried to edit the row columns and it will let me change values but I can't see a way to add cells.
    You cannot add more cells, the table is a fixed resolution. You need to edit the axis to get where you need.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    I'm having the same issue with my boosted 6.0 it seems that I'm hitting close to 2.40 cylinder air mass but my histogram only goes to 1.20 what can I do to make this correspond with the editor table?

Scale tune... 50% give you 2.40

If a problem with histogram just edit the axis, make it whatever you want

Can always use timing Modifer (gas) if on gas and where you max out on your g/cylinder add/subtract (mainly be subtracting since higher cylinder load and pressure need less tuning ) timing based on rpm

Tuner in Training
    I'm on e85 and I'm not trying to edit my histogram graph for timing, I'm saying on my channels tab I'm hitting 2.40 cyl airmass which is way higher than in editor timing table which maxes out at 1.20 so I can only control timing up to1.20.

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    You cannot add more cells, the table is a fixed resolution. You need to edit the axis to get where you need.
    you have to purchase user defined parameters and its extremely complex. This is the only way to truly change it and unless you are a software designer or and EXTREMELY educated in computer and engineering and tuning do not mess with it. Ive been tuning over 10 years not continuously i won't do it because your putting in custom software and its not for the feint of heart nor even for an experienced tuner. I would only suggest this to the elite who know how add sensors to ecu's that arent their and calibrate them along with having knowledge of all electrical aspects not just diagrams. I mean a person who can build an electrical board to add a sensor type level.

Tuner in Training
    I understand u can not add cells, I'm simply saying in my log I'm hitting over 2.10g in my channels tab yet in my histogram for timing it only goes up to 1.20g. They said something about scaling it. What do I scale?

Tuner in Training
    You can Scale the load a few ways. but I think this is most common

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Scaling-how-to

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I understand u can not add cells, I'm simply saying in my log I'm hitting over 2.10g in my channels tab yet in my histogram for timing it only goes up to 1.20g. They said something about scaling it. What do I scale?
    I feel like we are talking about different things. If your g/cylinder hits 2.4 in the channels area in the scanner, but only 1.2 in the histogram in the scanner, then you simply change the axis in the histogram in the scanner. Just right click in the graphs area, and edit the axis for that histogram.

If the editor only goes up to 1.20, then change the axis in the editor. As noted, you can't add cells in the editor, only change the values. You don't have to make the gap between the cells the same either. You could go 0.80 0.90 1.00 1.20 1.40 1.60 1.75 1.90 2.05 if you wanted to, for example. If it were me, I'd keep some low end resolution out of boost, and resale just the last 10 or 12 rows of the table, since those are likely to only be hit under WOT where you wont need a ton of resolution. (In your current case, it would be using the 1.20 row for everything above 1.20 anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    I feel like we are talking about different things. If your g/cylinder hits 2.4 in the channels area in the scanner, but only 1.2 in the histogram in the scanner, then you simply change the axis in the histogram in the scanner. Just right click in the graphs area, and edit the axis for that histogram.

If the editor only goes up to 1.20, then change the axis in the editor. As noted, you can't add cells in the editor, only change the values. You don't have to make the gap between the cells the same either. You could go 0.80 0.90 1.00 1.20 1.40 1.60 1.75 1.90 2.05 if you wanted to, for example. If it were me, I'd keep some low end resolution out of boost, and resale just the last 10 or 12 rows of the table, since those are likely to only be hit under WOT where you wont need a ton of resolution. (In your current case, it would be using the 1.20 row for everything above 1.20 anyway.)
    i tried this but ended up with still getting unblended timing between the flow axis. It just jumped regardless. I pretty much just allowed it to max oem charts and timed from their. If you didnt have same issue what else did you change?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post

I can not change the axis in the editor idk why but it won't i have the option to edit but it's greyed out.

do you have original tune??

Tuner in Training
    I can get it, I'm running a 3 bar sd now