Thread: Tuning school vs HP academy

Tuning school vs HP academy

Hey guys, super new to this, been reading up for a few months now, various forms and different threads. Watched a lot of YouTube videos.

Now I'm working my way through Dan Maslic's e-book, then planning on either HP academy, or The Tuning school.

I'd like to get an honest opinion on both HP Academy and the Tuning School; preferably from somebody who's gone through one, or the other, or both. Is there something one has that the other doesn't?

Does one relay the information better than the other. I know this is all super subjective but your opinion is very helpful to me right now guys thanks.
    2013 Tahoe: 5.3/6l80e lovin me some DoD (said no one)

2000 Trans Am: Ls3 (cam the world) /T56Magnum (cryo/polished) /9" Midwest chassis (bulletproof)

Advanced Tuner
    Biggest difference being HP Academy isn't necessarily platform specific. Its more EFI fundamental and concept based. It will tell you the why, but doesn't talk about specific tables and inner workings of the vehicle you're planning on tuning. The Tuning School will be more platform specific. I wouldn't count out ERM performance's guide on tuning. Ed is great guy and very helpful. More patience than I could ever have.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Appreciate the feedback, I'll check out ERM and see what they have to offer.

2000 Trans Am: Ls3 (cam the world) /T56Magnum (cryo/polished) /9" Midwest chassis (bulletproof)

So I took a look at ERM, but it looks like personal sessions, which isn't a bad thing at all. I think I want to start more so with videos that I can go back and watch a couple times. I wouldn't want to go personal sessions until I had some idea as to what I was doing or talking about. Maybe I am wrong in thinking that, let me know wat you think.

Are those the only 3 to consider? T.T.S., HP.A., and ERM?

All our training, whether it be in-home or on-line is based on our Version 2.0 Tuning Tutorial Course. After that, learning can be either individually (are entitled to 2 free hours of one on one assistance as needed) or through a personalized one on one approach. Its all up to the client.....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Ed,

I appreciate the clarification, once I'm done with the Dan Maslic's e-book I'll revisit this. Maybe your approce will be better suited for me, a one-on-one approach may work best for my learning style.

Thanks,
    Rene

Ed is the man!

Potential Tuner
    Hello Ed,

Is there much for content on GEN4/5 tuning in your 2.0 Tuning tutorial course?

Anything for Duramax tuning?

I have been through a few Greg Banish books and have the tuning school GEN3 course. I am not a fan of the tuning school processed based structure. I like to know the what and why's of how things are done. I did like the Banish books, but would appreciate something more specific to HP tuners and GM.

Potential Tuner
    Do you plan on creating a coyote modular motor course?

Tuner
    Ed can walk you through it from same training he offer, The course is very good but it's not like do this and that as much at it 1.explain every thing 2.explain how to and after this you could go by yourself or with 1 to 1 session with Ed.
    One thing for sure is that you will need time to learn all this, next is your car next to you to practice and understand what you are do

Potential Tuner
    I just ordered Ed's 2.0 basic course as I am starting from zero with HP Tuners on my 2016 Z06. I don't need to tune it at this time as it was recently dyno tuned but I want to be able to monitor and log the car and understand more about HP Tuners. I looked at the Tuning School but decided to go with Ed because others here said he explains the why's of making changes which to me are necessary to understanding. Has anybody talked to Ed lately, I was unable to contact him by e-mail?

Ed posted on Facebook the other day, saying he had a couple medical issues he was working through, and that he's been behind on things.