Thread: JPG Preference setting for Save snapshot of current preview image versus bitmap?

JPG Preference setting for Save snapshot of current preview image versus bitmap?

I'm trying to save images to add to my video and use the 'Save snapshot of current preview image', but it appears to save videos as bitmap *.bmp. Is there a way to change this to JPG? Not that I don't mind this feature yet it would be nice to have it support and save newer file types via a preference setting.

Am I missing this setting somewhere? Thanks for the help!

I took a look but I couldn't find anything with regards to changing the default setting. I know that Video Studio does offer this option for their snapshots but I actually have it defaulted to bitmap. Jpeg is a compressed lossy format, meaning you lose some of the detail when the image is compressed when saved. Bitmap, on the other hand, is uncompressed lossless so subsequent editing and saving does not impact the image quality. So for editing purposes, its better to work with bitmap. Once edited, the file can then be saved as a jpeg to reduce the size. Perhaps a compromise would be to save the file as a png which is compressed lossless.

jpg_vs_png.png

Yay, looks like the new 3.7 update can now export screenshots to other formats *.jpg and *.png! Thanks for the update and listening to your faithful customers!