Thread: Possessed truck, max rev when putting in drive or reverse

Potential Tuner

Possessed truck, max rev when putting in drive or reverse

Did an engine swap in my 2018 regular cab silverado 5.3 to a 6.2 with a 6l80e. Used hp tuners to change a few settings. Engine runs alright, revs fine with throttle, still new.

When I put it in either reverse or drive it tries to peg the rpm like your giving it full throttle and just launches the truck. Damn near put it thru the garage wall the first time. There is zero throttle input.
    Transmission and tune hasn't been touched at all in the configuration.

Do i need to do a write entire or what would be something with the HP tuners basic write that could have caused this? Literally all the senors are the same from the other engine, no engine light. Ive tried to write config again, pulled battery, still same thing.

Tune attached if that helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DD is different if not mistaken between the 2... they can cause it

Stock 2018 6.2 8L90E Silverado High Country file

Racer blue stock.hpt

I don't have time right now to do the comparisons but maybe this 2018 6.2 file will help you.

Potential Tuner
    Ben, SIR, you nailed it. The 5.3 has a pretty jacked DD table, the 6.2 is like 1k-20k the 5.3 didn't have a value above 300 so that would make the throttle go 50% with no input. Changed it to the stock table, now able to at least move it to get it broken in a bit more and then get it to a tuner.

Glad I can help!!!