Thread: 2014 gmc sierra L83 stock fuel limitation

Exclamation 2014 gmc sierra L83 stock fuel limitation

I have a gmc sierra DI and i read a couple threads about how Adjusting SOI give a room for fueling but a stock motor with stock cam will benifit from it same as a cammed one and what changes need to be change in fuel pressure under fuel system ?
    Please can anyone chime in and help
    2003 Tahoe 5.3L turbo PTE 7675 604rwhp on 14.7 psi
    2011 Silverado 416ci turbo 9 psi 629rwhp
    2006 Cadillac cts-v lingenfelter 427ci 630hp package
    2010 Silverado LSx 427 with maggy 650 awhp

Tuner in Training
    I have not heard of this but I'm far from a authority of knowledge. I can tell you my l83 is at 13psi of boost and AFR is still 11.8. I'm told the block rods will let go at the 650rwhp mark. So I'm going to test that out. hard for me to believe the fuel can get me there but we will see. I have 76/75 gen 2 turbo and 6psi spring. just ordered the 8psi spring.

No changes to fuel system will benefit you on a stock motor only afr adjustments and timing. Ps you have to run for 20-25 minutes after every flash in order for timing to return to normal on a 5.3. Otherwise it pulls approximately 9 degrees of timing. Unless your asking how much can stock fuel system make that?s another story. Especially trucks with virtual flex fuel settings

Tuner in Training
    I agree on the fuel system not benefiting. and also with AFR and timing. Didn't know about the 20-25minutes. VERY good to know.

I would like to know how much the stock l83 can handle. I can't see spending $5k on high end injectors,pump,cam. I will just buy lt4 parts for the LT1 block I have sitting here. Thank you sir for the info.