Thread: Wrote VIN then paid for credit cannot tune

Potential Tuner

Wrote VIN then paid for credit cannot tune

I just took 2 identical PCM's and wrote my Vin to My spare PCM I went to write to the PCM and was told I need to buy the License. I was fully expecting this so I paid for it. Now it says I need to buy the license again. What gives did I just license my original vehicle twice?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like you created a new vin/os pair in which case you'd need to read the ecm and license the new vin/os pair you created, no way around this.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    HPTuners License.jpg So now I have 3 licenses and 2 of them are to 1 vehicle. I realize it was my mistake I only wanted to clone the one going to my vehicle.
    Last edited by flyn_brian; 10-14-2018 at 11:42 PM.

If possible I always just use the copy over all differences using the compare feature instead of writing a different tune into the computer.

If the VIN number and vehicle description mean nothing for making it run, that is the best route to take.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    as stated your best bet is to use the compare feature, any other way you are going to be eating alot more credits than you probably wanted to.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"