Thread: O no another Ghost Cam thread.... Sorry

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up O no another Ghost Cam thread.... Sorry

Hello everyone, I have not done much of any Ford calibration work especially with HPTuners. Friend of mine has a Automatic 2016 Mustang GT, stock cats and H pipe, aftermarket mufflers and asked if we could install Ghost Cam calibration. I was following a very good write up in here from back in 2014 but I still have issues im trying to figure out.

Idle>General>
    - Enable RPM Error: set to 200rpm
    - Minimum VSS: set to 0mph

Idle>RPM>
    - Transmission Based Setpoint P/N: set to 850rpm
    - Transmission Based Setpoint Drive: set to 800rpm

Airflow>Varible Camshaft>
    - Intake Valve Opening: Map point 0 and 1 set to -40 crank angle
    - Exhaust Valve Closing: Map point 0 and 1 set to 20 crank angle

Engine Diag>Misfire>
    - RPM Min: Set to 950rpm

Once the car starts it has a high idle then settles after about 2min, during that time it sounds like Ghost Cam is working and it has a great lope, but then settles the rpms and reverts back to normal idle operation. I read their were was to make conditions to enable this, most are temp, and no cel's which we have met. I have also tried changing the transmission based set point higher as well Drive(ect) but still seem to go back to normal idle. Attache dis the file i have been working with:
    2016 Mustang GT - WT 0001.hpt

Any more information on what i may have missed is much appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    I could be wrong but I believe the max the intake cam can be advanced is -20. Try 0 on the intake side in map 0-1 and 40 on exhaust on 0–1. That should be a good start, the 15 and up cars have to be done a little different.

Advanced Tuner
    You have certainly applied 11-14 settings to a 2015+. They are not the same. Read this thread and also search the forums for how the distance tables work if you don't already know.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...2015+ghost+cam

Happy chopping, lol!

Advanced Tuner
    I have no been successful to get a good driving ghost cam using through op instead of the standard mapped points. It drives great when cruising, when slowing down or you press clutch in to down shift the Rpms drop way down and either stall right out or it will catch it self sometimes then return to idle. At a light slowing down it will either surge for a bit then correct it self or stall as well so it makes it sketchy to drive around town in traffic for sure .

Advanced Tuner
    If you read further into that thread, they switch away from the "OP" way at post #14. Still a good read throughout. I've never done it the OP way but would like to know why anyone would want this? Could it be to have a cleaner switch away from ghost cam angles? Perhaps also not require the 0mph setting? Hmmm....

Potential Tuner
    In for info

Tuner in Training
    Thanks everyone, ill read the other post and see if it works out better. I surly thought i was following 15+ settings

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    I've never done it the OP way but would like to know why anyone would want this? Hmmm....
    Agree on that.

If the sources change, and it loses it's chop. Change that source/mode to follow the cammed mapped point. So if your car goes into optimum stability and starts weighing into mapped point 11 and 12 making the idle smoothening. Change the distances tables to so it will pull from mapped point 0 or 1 or what ever your cam angles are set at.

There are no idle spark tables on the S550 so torque ratio tables will need to be played with for Target N, Idle Speed and which ever mode you're seeing.

Potential Tuner
    Was there any progress on this experiment. Any files that can be shared ?