Thread: 06 GTO LS2 to LS3 MAF

Tuner in Training

06 GTO LS2 to LS3 MAF

Hey guy's first post here

Im very new to HP tuners and I am having a hard time tuning a LS3 MAF into my car.

I have a Duspeed intake and a LS3 MAF card in it. I pulled the Low and High MAF rates from a 6.2 to get started, it runs and I can drive it but my LTFT is like 24.2. I followed the tuning school book for tuning the MAF and got it down a bit and my AFR started looking better also but I hit a point where bank 1 and bank 2 are not matching up. Bank one can be like -6.8 and bank 2 could still be 20-24.2.

Is there a reason Bank 2 won't come down with bank 1. Note it is not always like that, sometimes the numbers will get within a couple digits of each other.

My car has a E40 ECM, dose anyone have some pointers or a base map i can use to swap a LS3 MAF into a LS2 car?

Basically if I can get a tune file I can pull some good MAF numbers off of that'd be awesome

My only Mods are Kooks LT, Catless, Catback and Duspeed intake W/ 160 thermostat

https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840935

did you change the iat settings? totally different scaling. What size maf tube is it in? I have a tsp 100mm ls3 maf in my '05 gto. It took sometime to tune.
    2005 gto A4
    Darton sleeved 427, prc ls3 heads, custom cam 243/257
    Fti 3400 triple disc convertor
    553/555 N/A 839/823 nitrous on hub dyno

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 13qtr View Post
    did you change the iat settings? totally different scaling. What size maf tube is it in? I have a tsp 100mm ls3 maf in my '05 gto. It took sometime to tune.
    I did the IAT Base Spark under,
    Spark-Advance-IAT
    I did not change the Airflow IAT.
    Also my Duspeed intake is probably about 100mm perhaps a hair more.

I changed the scaling when I uploaded the 6.2 MAF scaling.
    The car runs now but wouldn't run on the LS2 MAF scaling
    I might not have the correct scaling tho

If you are swapping to a Duspeed, get rid of the Maf and go Speed Density tune. Turn of the LTFT's and tune by the STFT's. Anytime you write a calibration, go to the scanner and reset fuel trims KOEO. Otherwise you will be chasing your tail. Be sure and split off the IAT sensor and put it in the intake stream if you delete the maf. Then make sure you are not logging MAF in your channels.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Or you could disable maf by going to diag setting max 200htz min100htz and go to engine diag set to no error report maf and then you don’t have to separate it. Then go to airflow dynamic and set it to higher rpm than you run voila. A few clicks and maf eliminated but keep temp sensor

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook937 View Post
    Hey guy's first post here

Im very new to HP tuners and I am having a hard time tuning a LS3 MAF into my car.

I have a Duspeed intake and a LS3 MAF card in it. I pulled the Low and High MAF rates from a 6.2 to get started, it runs and I can drive it but my LTFT is like 24.2. I followed the tuning school book for tuning the MAF and got it down a bit and my AFR started looking better also but I hit a point where bank 1 and bank 2 are not matching up. Bank one can be like -6.8 and bank 2 could still be 20-24.2.

Is there a reason Bank 2 won't come down with bank 1. Note it is not always like that, sometimes the numbers will get within a couple digits of each other.

My car has a E40 ECM, dose anyone have some pointers or a base map i can use to swap a LS3 MAF into a LS2 car?

Basically if I can get a tune file I can pull some good MAF numbers off of that'd be awesome

My only Mods are Kooks LT, Catless, Catback and Duspeed intake W/ 160 thermostat

https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840935
    Did you check the wire pin out? I changed a truck to a card style MAF and had to swap two wires in the MAF plug.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Grip View Post
    Did you check the wire pin out? I changed a truck to a card style MAF and had to swap two wires in the MAF plug.
    I got a break out harness from EFI connections. LS2 to LS3 w/ break out IAT sensor

I got some good info on IAT temps that need changed but Im not sure how to scale my IAT sensor since its not in the MAF. Also went back and checked my logs and I had a "lazy" O2 sensor, new one on the way. Most likely thats why I was having problems because no matter how I turned the MAF the O2 would fuel trim mid 20's in bank 2 and bank 1 would clear up at first until I basically over turned it and started pulling negative numbers in bank one and mid 20's still in bank 2
    Last edited by Hook937; 10-18-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Tuner in Training
    New O2's made all the difference, LTFT average -1-0. I left the IAT table as it was since it had a break out IAT sensor. Going to smooth the graph and move on the Wide-open tuning.