Thread: Roush strategy with knock sensors disabled

Advanced Tuner

Roush strategy with knock sensors disabled

Has anyone worked on a roush strategy that had knock sensors set to 0? I changed this value to 2. I had to email support because the scanner had no channels relating to knock retard, support was only able to add knock retard per cylinder. No knock retard or knock correction channels. The knock retard per cylinder stays at 0 for all 8 cylinders. The truck never adds or removes timing no matter how I change borderline and mbt when I attempt to have the knock sensors add timing. Timing is always less than commanded. The weather now is cold. Spark adders are set to 0 for given ambient temps which have been 20 to 30 degrees F, yet I'm seeing low single digit spark advance.
    This is 2013 Roush F150 and certainly has knock sensors. This truck has a built short block. The owner came because his stock 35k mile 5.0 melted a piston. If it was tune related or mechanical, I'm not sure.

Senior Tuner
    I've tuned S197 Mustangs that had knock sensors set to 0 in their tune but after enabling them again and repelling for parameters scanner showed knock PID as expected.

Advanced Tuner
    I enabled the knock sensors and all of the knock sensor tab is populated. Timing is running no where near my tables and i can tell theres so much power loss. The truck is a big, heavy 4 door lifted on 33 inch tires. Even with 94-95 ethanol free fuel, timing was less than commanded. The truck is getting 13mpg highway now. Was getting 9 to 10 on stock file.
    I do believe this strategy has been an issue since the previous owner did the install. Not long after the current owner purchased the truck, the motor went.

Thatwhite5.0 did you get the roush tune to work with the knock sensors turned back on?