Thread: how to change shift points on auto 6.1 nag1

Potential Tuner

how to change shift points on auto 6.1 nag1

can someone email me please on the steps to change the shift points on the 09 auto 6.1 Nag1. bought the HP license did the math for changing the shift points from 6,200 to 6,400 and seem to missing a step for the download. email @ [email protected] or post here. New member here and not sure how this all works here.. thanks again for the help..i might be posting in the wrong place..

Quote Originally Posted by steve 13 View Post
    can someone email me please on the steps to change the shift points on the 09 auto 6.1 Nag1. bought the HP license did the math for changing the shift points from 6,200 to 6,400 and seem to missing a step for the download. email @ [email protected] or post here. New member here and not sure how this all works here.. thanks again for the help..i might be posting in the wrong place..
    I Recently had to change the shift points on my transmission. I have the Nag1/A580 trans. I can try to help. I assume your changing the points to rev higher, if you post your tune I can help more. The shift points are based on gear ratio and input shaft speed, and that determines output shaft speed. It will not be 100% accurate due to Torque convertor clutch slip. each gear is different because of the gear ratio. I figured out my shift points by dividing the shift RPM (6500) by the current gear. If your in 3rd, going to 4th, you divide 6500 by 3rd gear ratio not 4th.