Thread: need some help 4.3 to 5.3 swap

Potential Tuner

need some help 4.3 to 5.3 swap

Hi guys, new to tuning and currently swapped the 4.3 V6 and 4l60 out of my 2004 Silverado and put a 5.3/4l80 in its place. I am having an issue though. I am not getting any signal from the crank sensor. I am using the stock 4.3 computer (P59) but I did a segment swap from a 04 van with the same OS for the engine and transmission. I used a van segment because I wanted to keep it DBC. I did do a few mods to the engine. Swapped the stock cam for a "sloppy stage 2" 228/230 @.050 112* .585 lift. Decapped stock '08 flex fuel injectors that are about 86ish lbs/hr. I also have a '07+ intake. it has an older style GM 3 bar map sensor and I plan to turbo charge it in the near future.

My question is there a problem with my tune that would cause it to not get a crank sensor signal?

stock 4.3 v8 and trans segment swap.hpt

I have tried replacing the crank sensor with a new one from GM and have verified power and ground to the sensor.

thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training doctorbigblock's Avatar
    At the rick of being hammered myself, I am going to reply. First I don't know if you will get away with this or not, your risk. The same os appears to be used for both v6 and v8 so maybe. Under the system tab then system options you still have the vats enabled. Try selecting none. also you have the crankshaft resolution option set to low. try selecting a 0 for this option then save and write entire to ecm. See if you then get any crankshaft sensor activity. I have not tried this exact swap. But this is your mission if you should choose to except it.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much. I made the changes and it fixed the problem