Thread: Throttle Control Source E67

Advanced Tuner

Throttle Control Source E67

I'm tuning this Solstice with an L77 from a Caprice.
    The Solstice swap guys wrote a program for an E67. I've been fixing pretty much everything.
    The engine is stone stock, so I've been referring to the 2012 Caprice tune which is from an E38 ecu.

At steady state cruise in 4th or fifth gear between 30-45 mph, the throttle control source bounces between pedal and idle W/O moving the pedal more than a few tenths of a percent. It's dang hard to hold it perfectly still.

Anyway, the desired throttle changes a lot, from 20% down to as low as 8-9%. So it causes the car to herk and jerk.

I'm thinking I need to adjust the Airflow Final Min table?
    Maybe this isn't an issue in a 2 ton Caprice, but it's very annoying in the Solstice.

Any ideas appreciated.

Except for this, everything else is great.

Ron
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Try a throttle sweep key on engine off comparing data pod of pedal vs throttle body. You might have bad throttle body or pedal. If pedal value stays the same and tb changes check wiring to tb look fir blue color or corrosion of copper connector. If not then tb is bad. If pedal reading jumps and tb moves with it check pedal connections if good change pedal. Good luck hope it helps key on engine off it doesn?t have to be running. You might have to get it warm to act up though. A lot of motor and resistor failures are more evident when hot

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the suggestions. I did check the TB connection. It looked clean, but I gave it a shot of contact cleaner anyway.
    I also physically moved the blade with my fingers. It feels notchy with quite a lot of backlash. I just now did the same with a spare silver blade TB and it feels nice and smooth and tight.
    I forgot to mention that I get an occasional P1615 code. However, it does not go into Reduced Engine Power.
    The gold blade TB?s aren?t terribly expensive.....

The older P01 systems relied on mph to tell the system when to run idle routines. I gather the gen 4 stuff relies on pedal position?

Ron

p1615 is a nissan key code did you accidentally type the wrong code. Also if the other tb you have is smooth and the one you have on the car feels Notchy so to speak theres a good chance the bushings are worn and the tb blade is wobling gen 4 relies on maf map and start up tps voltage then correlates adjustings timing after it goes to closed loop fluctuating timing allowing certain amount of airflow variance at idle. its rather stupidly complex because there is no idle air control motor
    Last edited by jpierro79; 10-17-2018 at 06:29 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Typo. P1516
    I did the throttle test you suggested. Set up a layout screen just for the 5 throttle functions. I can see where the tps gets ahead of the pedal. It actually set the code during that test with the engine off.
    I did use the airflow min table to help. Noticed that too much airflow there causes a cruise control effect.
    I also worked with the TCC lockup points and down shift points. It drives nice now and we will be replacing the TB when the car comes back for a camshaft change and deletion of the DOD lifters etc.

Thanks for the help