Thread: 11 Denali setting p0068 and p0101 limp mode codes

Advanced Tuner

11 Denali setting p0068 and p0101 limp mode codes

I have a 6.2l swapped Jk Jeep that is throwing the p0068 and p0101 codes, usually on tip in after decel. I didn't do the swap, Jeep came in with complaint of the codes and limp mode. Another thing I noticed, during a test drive log, it seems that it is cruising down the highway at 78-85kpa, just during cruise, which is also forcing it into Pe at cruise. The codes come on and limp mode in the log after 17:50:57. then I cleared the codes on the test drive. Is there any correlation with the high map reading and these codes causing limp mode? I'd rather not disable the codes, but willing if I have to. I'm kinda curious why it would trip these codes on a stock swap, minus aluminum air intake pipe.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by h2.4; 10-15-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Most guys will raise these two, to turn off the tests for these codes.

Capture.JPG

Seems like a bad MAP or incorrect settings is possible if even at cruising speeds the map kpa is so darn high.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Seems like a bad MAP or incorrect settings is possible if even at cruising speeds the map kpa is so darn high.
    And this, yes!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yes, that is the first thing I noticed. I checked the map settings vs. a stock tune, and it seems correct. But yes, 70-80kpa at cruise is kinda weird. Maybe a bad map could cause the p0068, and p0101 codes?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Most guys will raise these two, to turn off the tests for these codes.

Capture.JPG
    Yeah, I could shunt the code checks by raising those, but I am kinda wondering why it is throwing these codes in the first place, and the abnormal map reading. Under full decel the map goes down to 15kpa, Honestly I've never looked at the map on a vehicle that is operating normal what it decels at. I would assume it could get down to 0kpa possibly?

first of all is it an l99 if so somebody screwed around with the predicted coefficients and manifold volume. You need to start there.You will get abosolutely nowhere if all your offsets for your sensors are wrong. That will throw everything off. Second it might just be a bad sensor but your have no idea if the sensor offsets are right or if that ecu even cam with that motor or harness. You need to know 3 things first. Which 6.2 out of what vehicle and what year. Then set find a stock tune from the repository and compare. DO NOT DEACTIVATE THOSE CODES. I highly doubt both sensors are bad my friend i think you have the wrong data in the ecu for a base map!!
    1 which motor
    2 which ecu
    3 which wiring harness
    know those and go from there.
    having the wrong manifold volume will easily destroy the readdings on both these sensors
    having wrong sensor offset data
    having wrong predicted coeffecients.
    having wrong wiring.
    just saw data log theres no way you can swing that much without having the wrong sensor data it. it went from 85 kpa down to 17kpa thats way off for 1/3 throtttle . You have wrong data in ecu for that motor when map sensors fail they dont suddenly become more sensitive they end up with dead spot been fixing cars professionally for 20 years. if you want put one in but i doubt it will help and its once again with these people trying to use maf only to tune setting the maf to 600 rpm to calculate IS NOT THE RIGHT WAY. The airflow isnt stable enough at that rpm to get an accurate reading otherwise the car wouldnt have a map sensor. It would have a tps sensor either. Thats why you have to have a properly tuned VVE table and your VVE tables are way off also.You need the right data
    essenstially you need the right base map and full tune for his mods
    Last edited by jpierro79; 10-15-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jpierro79 View Post
    first of all is it an l99 if so somebody screwed around with the predicted coefficients and manifold volume. You need to start there.You will get abosolutely nowhere if all your offsets for your sensors are wrong. That will throw everything off. Second it might just be a bad sensor but your have no idea if the sensor offsets are right or if that ecu even cam with that motor or harness. You need to know 3 things first. Which 6.2 out of what vehicle and what year. Then set find a stock tune from the repository and compare. DO NOT DEACTIVATE THOSE CODES. I highly doubt both sensors are bad my friend i think you have the wrong data in the ecu for a base map!!
    1 which motor
    2 which ecu
    3 which wiring harness
    know those and go from there.
    having the wrong manifold volume will easily destroy the readdings on both these sensors
    having wrong sensor offset data
    having wrong predicted coeffecients.
    having wrong wiring.
    just saw data log theres no way you can swing that much without having the wrong sensor data it. it went from 85 kpa down to 17kpa thats way off for 1/3 throtttle . You have wrong data in ecu for that motor when map sensors fail they dont suddenly become more sensitive they end up with dead spot been fixing cars professionally for 20 years. if you want put one in but i doubt it will help and its once again with these people trying to use maf only to tune. the ve tables are way off also.You need the right data
    I will try to get a hold of the shop that did the swap and find out for sure which chassis the engine came out of. When reading the ecm it stated 11 denali, but like you said, It will be best to find out for sure and do a compare with a stock file. I did notice the intake manifold volume was way smaller than a stock sierra denali manifold volume. But need to know which engine code this is for real I guess.

see if you can original vin and code numbers off engine block you might not even have the right actual motor someone could have put the wrong motor in the denali at one point. I wish you luck keep us posted

They deleted the fscm codes the truck doesn’t know what fuel pressure it has so they started screwing with the settings till they go lt it running. Check your fuel pressure. Go to fuel sys
    Change all your fuel pressure settings from normal to fail zones to the same pressure the truck actually is running. Change max dc under fuel pump to 100 percent click on base right below it change all rpm zones to 100 percent. Then try loading stock settings from repository I’ll bet it will run like it suppossed to also click no fpcm fitted under general after you set these settings. I was going into depth about cause it drives me mad when people don’t do their research then dump it off on someone else
    Just watch one of 2 tunes for that year had flex fuel in some trucks. Those had larger injectors. That might be why injectir flow rate was changed.
    Last edited by jpierro79; 10-16-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I'll get it in and dig deeper on the actual hardware that is installed. Thank you very much for the input, I really appreciate it. It might be awhile before I can get it in and take a closer look, but I will let you know what I find, and after I make the changes. Thank you for your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by h2.4 View Post
    Ok, I'll get it in and dig deeper on the actual hardware that is installed. Thank you very much for the input, I really appreciate it. It might be awhile before I can get it in and take a closer look, but I will let you know what I find, and after I make the changes. Thank you for your insight.
    thanks Its nice to see that someone realizes im just trying to help people. Ive had a few person bash my car for my gen 5 flashing when i was trying to help a few guys recover their cars. All i ask if you learn something from it please share for my knowledge as well as even though ive been doint this for 10 years"tuing" and 20 years of repair im always trying to expand my knowledge