Thread: still getting knock HELP!

Tuner in Training

still getting knock HELP!

04 2500hd 13psi 80lb dekas 72psi base fuel pressure walbro 450 e85 still getting knock even when i turn spark way down. ive already turned burst knock off and its still the same, any help ?13psi.hpl 2500hd e85 13psi1.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    If you remove spark in the trouble cells and you still get knock it's most likely false maybe try and desensitize the knock sensors a little bit and make sure the sensors are tight and nothing is rattling like exhaust or maybe valve train

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    First problem i see is you are running a boosted OS but you are still using the 1 bar map channel. this should be removed to let the 3 bar map channel that matches your OS Upgrade read without error.

Second, you should be tuning with that wideband you got installed. use the eq ratio commanded channel and then log the wideband channel in lambda as well. this way is easier as there isnt as much setup and you don't get a gauge to scanner offset that you need to interpret.

the afr way:
    since you changed your stoich you need to change your stoich for the fuel you are reading on your wideband as well. you need to transform the sensor channel to reflect new values.
    set your 9.9 afr for lambda 1
    at zero volts lambda would be .683 so that makes your new afr 6.762
    at 4.99 volts lambda would be 1.365 so that makes your new afr 13.514

that should help you get proper range on the afr readout but you still might have to keep transforming the afr offset to make your gauge match the scanner properly. when your gauge reads 14.7 you should read 9.9 in your scanner.
    you can use this file posted by ED to help you out.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...and-Transforms

it is useless to tune with fuel trims because they go inactive in pe and be enrichment modes. check your scanner log it switches to OL-Accel/Decel when this gets triggered.
    doing the conversion from pump gas afr scale to your target afr scale is a pain in the ass. transform it and use your paste special feature to help you out.

Third, your g/cyl flew off the end of your ignition map axis. you will have to look into corrective actions to bring that puppy back onto the table so you can make proper adjustments.

not much to start with but without being able to properly plot afr/lambda and kr along the ignition table makes things difficult.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    i dont understand what u mean when u say that my map channel is in 1bar when i look at that tab it reads 3 bar map if its not right how do i change it? I already set the offset for the wideband to read what the gauge says on the scanner, so i dont know exactly what u mean by changing it to lambda will help me. i dont understand what u mean when u said my g/cyl flew off the end of my ignition map axis? As all i did was copy and paste both axis column and row to my histograms graph. so what would be the corrective actions i need to do? Sorry for the confusion i thought i had this pretty much set... I was going to try and setup the eq error but i keep getting mixed answers on how to set it up right. I appreciate all and any help getting me on track.

Your logging map sensor and also 3 bar map sensor channels. Delete the standard map sensor channel so only the 3 bar exists.
    In you log you hit 1.9 g airmass and your axis goes to 1.2. So basically the ignition is pulling in uncharted zones.

You may have made the scanner match your gauge but you did it for 14.7 stoich. Your commanded stoich in the ecu is 9.9. when you use the afr error math you get a massive offset error because the commanded afr is 9.9 and your gauge reports back 14.7.

Either you have a massive fueling error or your gauge is set to the wrong scale.

Tuner in Training
    So I should delete the cylinder airmass channel since it reads off the charts? I'm confused? I deleted the intake pressure sensor and kept the 3bar. As far as the wideband i should set it to read the command afr?

no only log 3 bar map. Your getting an incorrect kpa reading wich is metric for psi. you need to log your 3 bar map in kpa so we can see the correct boost so we know the actual airflow and correct cylinder air mass. there is no way 138kpa is 13 psi because it would read around 175-185 kpa would be actual kpa cause 100 is atmospheric meaning no vacuum so subtract our log and it read 46 kpa over 100 which is only 6 psi.

Tuner in Training
    Ok i removed the absolute manifold pressure channel and the map and added 3 bar map. So now I'm trying to set the wideband to read the afr.

dont delete cylinder airmass. you have to adjust the tune to get it back on the table. you may have a map sensor calibration issue causing this or the table needs to be scaled. start with checking pressure sensor calibration first at koeoff.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    lambda pull.hpl recent pull i still cant figure out how to rescale the air mass issue however the afr seems pretty solid other than 2 lean spikes which i assume are maybe missfires? plugs are gapped at .28 im running ngk coppers dont remember the actual part number off hand. other than that i need help with the air mass issue.