Thread: GM 3.6L Malibu Weird phenomenon with ignition spike at low rpms and no power

Tuner in Training

GM 3.6L Malibu Weird phenomenon with ignition spike at low rpms and no power

So I feel like I have an issue with my vehicle and am now just trying to log it and find out what is going on. Tried putting it back to stock with no luck. Same issue.

What happens is that it feels as if I am encountering any sort of load at low rpms in a higher gear it struggles BAD. Like, it is getting no spark whatsoever, but also isn't misfiring.

Logged it and found out it is spiking ATDC timing advancement at like 45* - 47*. Why would it ever do that? Anywhere in the table it only reaches like 38 max for that rpm range. I didn't set up the histogram too well yet, but it seems like everything is acting how it should. No knock, sensors looked fine, just replaced plugs a few months ago. I know the rear valve cover was leaking, but shouldn't cause a spike like this.

Any ideas? I will try to get a log up later, but it sort of isn't relevant as the only info it really showed/logged was the spike in advancement at low rpms.

**** IT FEELS as if it wants to drop down a gear, but just didn't reach the value yet, even when running stock tune****

Cleaned maf/throttlebody and filter as well to throw things out there.
    Last edited by Nexus1155; 10-16-2018 at 08:02 PM.