Thread: MAF and injector check

Tuner in Training

MAF and injector check

Could someone take a look and make sure i have this set up to start my MAF tuning and also attached is the injector data i was given with the injectors and check that I have all info input correctly.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

which hptuners are your using it say 2013 camaro but I can only read part of the file?? You need most current updated software NOT BETA. For everyone to be able to read. It doesnt show VE tables or coefficients Also maf only tune will make your car have serious tip in fuel problems ect. I can't emphasize enough the importance of VVE tuning below 2500 rpm and Below open loop.
    also i dont know where you got your numbers for scaling for but if your going to dial them back to fit acrossed the delta kpa you have to use a multiplier. your injectors are small enough where you will never hit your higher kpa. Unless your running over 100 psi in fuel pressure just use oem data. It seems you might have inserted other data correctly but not injector data. Based upon again your info.
    Last edited by jpierro79; 10-19-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your reply. Its a 2.5bar SD operating system from HP tuners that does not have VVE. It has a VE table under airflow/ general/ main VE. I do not have to do the coefficients thing just adjust the VE table. And I am pretty sure i have to change my in delta kpa as i have a boost referenced fuel reg and cant stay with stock info due to 850cc injectors being used, and fuel rail pressure @ 58 psi and another 15 psi on that gets me close to 75 not 100 psi but close. And I'm not saying I'm correct in needing to change them. I do not know and that is why i am asking. Just making sure im not getting bad info.

I have the car driving and Idling fairly well. I have large changes in temp that affect the short and long term fuel trims a lot. Was wanting to put the car on MAF only just to get the MAF calibrated correctly to see if that would clear up the temp changes. I have played with the bias on the ECT to IAT with no real luck. I have even tried to change the IAT/flow rate multi on the injector info by the percent i was getting at different temps on short term fuel trims. I have failed the MAP as i have in my original tune file above. But it seems that the 2.5 bar SD operating system only scaled the bits for MAP and not the MAF. When i drive just on the MAF it drives decent but i cant get into boost as it shoots me over 2.2 cyl/gram on my spark table and then the car shuts off.

I Want to keep the 2.5 bar SD operating system and incorporated the MAF into it so i can change temps and alituted without any big swings in my fuel trims. Also so i can change from a 10psi setting for street and a 15 psi for track or slick street days, as it has a boost enrichment setting that can be used for that.

any more help would be thankful.

if you have fpcm reading pressure the ecu corrects pw based upon fuel pressure. If you've bypassed this sensor this will cause your inability to use it. The expected calcutaions will be off. I would highly recommend if you've happened to bypass the fuel pressure sensor that's in your fpcm you rerun it inline and your idling with 850 cc injectors should be great. I run id1050x on my zl1 runs like stock. So if you still have the pressure sensor in place heres what your do. Gain access to your fpcm by reading and paying the extra credit to program it. then set max desired pressure to above your fuel pressure. Even if its not controlling it. As long as you get a reading youll be able to run it. Now if your maxing out the end go to your chart and enter the flow rate at half but go to flow rate multi vs volts and change it 2 of course will double it and now your injectors fit any scale. ive attached my tune file which you can read the FPCM completely including max desired pressure. sorry they always post sideways don't know why.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    it was my understanding that you cant control or change anything on a 2013 ss FPCM. Only on the zl1's or rework FPCM, but I may be wrong. I am running a twin pump 250 and 430 fuel pump 93 pump gas. Still trying to figure out this fuel control for my car. Some people tell me to set fuel pressure at 45 and let it build pressure with boost and some people say 58 and let it build with boost on my 1:1 fuel pressure regulator. Still not sure whats up, as i don't have a factory pressure sensor installed in my fuel system so how does the computer know what to do with no fuel pressure feed back for all the other injector info. And if i do put the sensor in what will it help if its asking for 58 psi and im at 68 psi cause of the 10lbs of boost. the injector information will be different but will be the same as 58 cause of the boost. Some one please explain this if any one understands what i am getting at.