Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPVI PRO module will not log or save

Tuner in Training

MPVI PRO module will not log or save

If I try to do stand alone data logging with my module , it will scan for about 1-5 mins and start flashing err, if I try to end the scan before the err occurs , it will not be saved when I go to read logs. Data logging still works if i have the laptop hooked up. Any ideas or does this sound like an issue internally ? Thanks in advance
    98 camaro - ls1, turbo , t56, 9" rear, viking coilovers, umi tubular components, weld wheels
    54 chevy 3100 - 5.3, 10bolt, 4 link, coilover setup, custom tubular frame members
    92 miata death cart

Tuner in Training
    I wish hptuners support was more user friendly , still without the ability to use my pro unit, sucks trying to have a laptop ride shot gun to dial in my car....
    98 camaro - ls1, turbo , t56, 9" rear, viking coilovers, umi tubular components, weld wheels
    54 chevy 3100 - 5.3, 10bolt, 4 link, coilover setup, custom tubular frame members
    92 miata death cart

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you are having an issue please open a support ticket, sounds like you might need to send in your interface for testing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you bill , I have been emailing back and forth with support for about 2 weeks , my only concern at the moment is I have not been instructed with any direction to move forward. I really need to find a solution as I can't log any track data at the moment
    92 miata death cart

HPT won't like me saying this, but open the interface and make sure the buttons are plugged in.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    HPT won't like me saying this, but open the interface and make sure the buttons are plugged in.
    What does that mean exactly , if you could break it down for a rookie... my module was working fine for two weeks and then just one random day it started throwing the error anytime I try to stand alone log
    92 miata death cart

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwilliams View Post
    Thank you bill , I have been emailing back and forth with support for about 2 weeks , my only concern at the moment is I have not been instructed with any direction to move forward. I really need to find a solution as I can't log any track data at the moment
    What is your ticket number so I can take a look in the morning?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    What is your ticket number so I can take a look in the morning?

92 miata death cart

Quote Originally Posted by tlwilliams View Post
    What does that mean exactly , if you could break it down for a rookie... my module was working fine for two weeks and then just one random day it started throwing the error anytime I try to stand alone log
    You have a different issue then. On my interface, the ribbon cable that connects the buttons on the interface wasn't physically plugged in which is why standalone never worked on my cable.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    You have a different issue then. On my interface, the ribbon cable that connects the buttons on the interface wasn't physically plugged in which is why standalone never worked on my cable.
    Oh yeah, it worked great for 2 weeks then all the sudden won't record , it's like the memory went bad
    92 miata death cart

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately we need to source a 98 ecm in order to test this issue under the same environment, problem is we don't have any here to test on. I would suggest trying to log a single pid RPM usually works best to see if that works, if it does keep adding 1 or 2 pids at a time until it fails. If it doesn't even log a single pid I would suggest trying on an alternate vehicle such as a 99+ P01 or P59 pcm'd car or truck as they are much more common.

Tuner in Training
    i am having the exact issue with my 2016 6.4 Scat pack Chall. records 3-5 mins then flashes error. ive even ran it for like 3 min then stopped it when i go to read logs the green status bar goes across like its reading but the data % says 0.0% as if it didnt record anything. im going to try it on my Ram tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    Standalone only works on GM, no Dodge or Ford

Potential Tuner
    tested my standalone, followed the directions in the help menu and it worked perfectly

Tuner in Training
    mine is doing the same , works for like 2 to 3 min and then error light comes on. can we up date these units , have check my ribbon cable and still does it ??

Tuner in Training
    hptuners.PNG
    is the vin and ecm os id meant to be up the top when trying to load the config??? ive try the wiggle test on the ribbon a 2nd time and still wont work , not sure what is going on but also tired of the live tuning not working, it all use to work when I 1st got hp tuners but since the newer version its not working or if it does it is glitch . not happy

Potential Tuner
    I'm also having this problem, however I'm lucky to get a minute or two before ERR starts flashing. I've been going down the track with my laptop in the car though... have they determined this was an update issue or something? anything? For reference my pcm is an e38 from an 08 2500 silverado, standalone used to work, didn't really take notice of when it stopped working... it's been a while. Another guy near me was having this problem too on his CTS-V, I believe he sent his back but I'll have to check with him..

Potential Tuner
    I have been having this issue too with my 07 Silverado classic and it was fine before I updated to the latest release.

Potential Tuner
    Same problem here. I have tried all the different ways to get it to record and nothing. Guess I will make a ticket for mine. I have been trying for 3 days to get it to work.

Potential Tuner
    So I sent in an email for help. Hopefully I will get it resolved. But for shits and giggles I tried it on my 2011 Silverado and it worked I did not have my wideband hooked up so I tried it that way on my 2000 Camaro. It still throws the error light after a few minutes. Any ideas on that? I got this so I can tune my Camaro. I do not think I can tune my truck without voiding the warranty on it. Any help is appreciated