Thread: ETC Data Question

Potential Tuner

ETC Data Question

Im converting a 2005 5.3 avalanche flex tune to work with my 2005 4.8 by comparing and making the 5.3 tune match my 4.8 data.

As far as the ETC data goes... Do I leave the data that is in the 5.3 tune(the avalanche data) or should I change it to what was original in my truck(so make it the same as my original 4.8 tune)?

Im assuming the ETC data needs to match the vehicle its going into due to the hardware in the vehicle... sorry if its confusing...let me know if what im thinking is correct.

Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Should be pretty simple? When using a tune from a DBW truck on a different DBW truck do you guys change those ETC values or leave them alone?

You should be able to just leave it alone.

The engine didn't change nor did the throttle body, pedal assembly or tach module. Just keep changing all the other stuff to the way you want it.

When I've done tune swap for say a 5.3 to a 6.0 I just change the data that is required. Like timing, airflow tables, cylinder volume etc etc etc to make the new engine size.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.