Thread: Replacing a pcm ona Chrysler 300

Replacing a pcm ona Chrysler 300

A friend of mine has a 300 with the dreaded TCM comm error. He is going to replace it with a new PCM.

He has a diablo tune in the existing PCM. He called me to ask what would need to be done. Can he pull the diablo tune ,save it and transfer it to the new one? Will he have to flash his VIN to the new PCM.

OR

If he decided to just have me tune the new one, will I have to change the VIN in the new one??

Thanks!
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    MPVI cannot change the vin of the PCM you will need to get that done by the vendor who is supplying the PCM or a shop with the correct equipment.

As for the tune, it can be transferred over.

1) load the stock tune via diablo tuner on the original PCM.
    2) read the stock tune from the original PCM with HP tuners and save it...call it "stock tune". Make a backup of this in case your buddy ever decides to go back to stock.
    3) load the modified tune with the diablo on the original PCM.
    4) read the "modified tune" from the original PCM with HP tuners and save it...call it "modified tune".
    5) open the "stock tune" in HP editor and compare it with the saved "modified tune".
    6) view the comparison log, right click on the log and select "copy over all differences". This will copy over the changes from the modified tune to the original tune. Then save the tune....call it "converted modified tune" (this will require credits).
    7) install the new PCM (must have the correct vin programmed prior to install) and flash the "converted modified tune" via HP tuners.

That's what I figured on the tune changes, was not too sure about the VIN deal though.

Thanks!
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Senior Tuner
    Is the vehicle actually having symptoms other than puking out the comm error code? That is a pretty common code and can have a host of physical reasons aside from the ECU, including moreso the TCM itself.